The Vale Hospital Physiotherapy
Get rapid access to treatment from our expert physiotherapists in South Wales. Whether you have private medical insurance or are self-funding, physiotherapy appointments are available within 48 hours at The Vale Hospital.
Physiotherapy - Could it help you get back to your best?
Nuffield Health's physiotherapy team in The Vale of Glamorgan take your health and and wellbeing very seriously. No matter what your lifestyle, profession, age or fitness goals, we are dedicated to helping you get back to your physical best, whilst providing education and lifestyle advice so you can sustain the improvement.
Being located within a hospital means our physiotherapy clinic treats a lot of patients who have undergone orthopaedic surgery with us, like knee and hip replacements. A patient's aftercare is included in the 'one-off' fee, meaning you can take advantage of our on-site expertise to encourage a full and thorough recovery.
We also see patients just wanting independent treatment, whether you have private medical insurance or are choosing to 'self-pay'. If you are suffering pain and discomfort physiotherapy treatment could help. Book your initial 45 minute appointment online today and take the first step to a healthier, happier you.
Our physiotherapists in South Wales are highly qualified and experienced in assessing and managing a wide variety of conditions, including:
- Sports injuries and injury prevention
- Back / neck pain
- Women’ health issues e.g. urinary incontinence, pelvic girdle pain in pregnancy
- Vestibular conditions and headaches
- Chronic pain
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Musculoskeletal conditions, e.g. shoulder, hip and knee
- Hand therapy and upper limb problems e.g. tennis elbow.
At the The Vale Hospital Physiotherapy Department we provide the following treatments:
- Sports injury rehabilitation
- Sports massage
- Post operative management and rehabilitation
- Biomechanics and Gait video analysis
- Ergonomic assessments for your work
- Manual therapy (mobilisations and manipulations)
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Acupuncture for pain and musculoskeletal injuries
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Exercises for urinary incontinence
- 1-to-1 pilates.
All our physiotherapists are professionally qualified and registered
All members of the Nuffield Heath Fitness & Wellbeing Physiotherapy team are members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and are registered with the Health Professions Council. So you can relax in the knowledge you're in the hands of the experts.
Why use Nuffield Health The Vale Hospital for your physiotherapy?
- Nuffield Health gym members in Wales receive a 20% discount off the cost of treatment
- One month free gym membership available during your physiotherapy treatment
Meet our expert physiotherapist in South Wales
Qualifications & memberships:
Catherine Hext qualified from Keele University in 2001. She then joined Cwm Taf NHS Trust and was employed there until 2010. Within the NHS Catherine developed a special interest in lower limb injuries and rehabilitation. During this time Catherine completed an MSc in Sports Physiotherapy and graduated in 2008.
Catherine was recruited by Nuffield Cardiff and Vale in 2010, initially working at the Vale Clinic. In 2012 she was appointed as outpatient physiotherapy clinical lead and managed the outpatient team at both Cardiff Bay and Vale hospitals. Progressing from this Catherine is currently the physiotherapy manager at the Cardiff and Vale Hospitals managing both inpatient and outpatient teams.
Catherine maintains a clinical caseload at both the Cardiff and Vale Hospitals. Catherine is an Acupuncture practitioner and is a member of the AACP.
Hensol Castle Park, Hensol, CF72 8JX
Ask a Physio
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.