The Friends of the Wessex Hospital
The ‘Friends of the Wessex Hospital’ is a volunteer run association formed in 1985 with the object of supporting the Hospital in its healthcare aims.
With this in mind, the Friends:
- Make an annual monetary award to the Hospital for the funding of capital projects or activities which would be of benefit to patients.
- Keep members informed on healthcare matters by arranging talks on health care issues ranging from surgical and medical advances through to the organisation of health services and insurance. Talks are usually given by consultants associated with the Hospital and admission is free to members.
- Produce a Newsletter from time to time which contains information about Friends activities and Hospital updates on new facilities and developments.
- Arrange social and fund raising events including lunches, dinners and a Christmas draw.
In addition to having the satisfaction of supporting a centre of clinical excellence which provides outstanding care and facilities for its patients, membership of the Friends includes eligibility for a generous range of benefits and discounts from the Hospital in recognition of the support provided.
Benefits of membership*
- A discount of 15% from the cost of health screening
- A discount of 10% from the Hospital costs of uninsured outpatient services
- A discount of 10% from the Hospital costs of uninsured inpatient services
- A discount of 10% from the Hospital costs for bone densitometry and general x-rays excluding MRI, CT Scans and Ultrasound Scans (from which no discount is allowed)
- A complimentary visitor’s meals each day of a member’s stay at the Hospital as an inpatient up to the maximum of 2 days.
- Complimentary fruit, mineral water and a dressing gown in the room when in the Hospital overnight as an inpatient.
*Available 6 months from the date of joining, applicable only to Hospital costs and may be subject to change.
Subscriptions are renewable on 1st January each year. For new members joining from 1st October the initial subscription is £12.50 per person. This covers the period of 15 months to end of the following calendar year.Membership is open to permanent residents living within a 25 mile radius of the Hospital, the Isle of Wight and the Channel Islands.
Annual membership only £10 per person
“We look forward to welcoming you as a member” – Chairman and Committee April 2014
For more details call 02380 258 436
Click here to download the application form.