Tees Hospital Competition & Markets Authority Declaration
Hospital services provided for consultants
In accordance with the requirements of the Competition and Markets Authority Private Healthcare Market Order 2014 the details of services offered by the hospital to our consultant partners on a non-discriminatory basis are detailed below.
Consulting Rooms: are provided to referring clinicians or those that hold practising privileges at the hospital at a rate of £19.00 per hour or part thereof, which is reflective of consultant room accommodation fair market rates.
Medical secretarial services; are provided to our consultants' partners at a rate of £19.50 plus VAT per hour, which is reflective of the open market rate delivering this service.
Paid Advisory Roles
To support delivery of clinical services in the hospital, the following consultants hold a paid advisory role for Nuffield Health Tees hospital:
- Prof Mark Wilcox is paid £5,500 per annum for providing microbiology and infection control advisory services to the hospital.
Nuffield Health Tees Hospital is proud to support medical professionals in their pursuit of continuing professional education. The Hospital’s Medical Society approves grants, made from Nuffield Health resources, in order to advance and ensure clinical safety through consultant attendance at relevant educational conferences and events.
Educational Grants have been awarded to 3 consultants at this hospital to date.
Low value services provided to our Consultant partners at this hospital include:
- Discounted gym membership
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- General corporate hospitality
- General hospital marketing activity
- General services provided to ensure clinical safety
- In-house training
- Insurance or indemnity cover in respect of the treatment of national health service patients
- Mandatory training
- Mini-consultations at patient information events
- Operational services such as patient admission, administrative services and billing
- Patient notes archiving
- Stationery and printing facilities
- Subsidised meals
- Tea, coffee and other soft beverages
Further useful outcome statistics for this hospital can be seen on the Private Healthcare Information Network website at www.phin.org.uk
Nuffield - Consultant Data Processing AgreementThe Data Processing Agreement governing the processing of any personal data in connection with the provision of administrative support services and/or medical records storage by the Hospital for consultants can be accessed here.