Facelift surgery in Newcastle
Are you worried about the ageing process and desire a more youthful appearance? Many women across the UK undergo facelift surgery to tighten up their neck, nose, mouth and jaw lines. At Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital our expert cosmetic surgeons possess a wealth of experience in performing facelifts and can help give you the aesthetic results you desire. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £120|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£6,915|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our cosmetic experts in Newcastle
Fill in a contact form, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Clayton Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE2 1JP
Why choose Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital for your facelift surgery?
A facelift is a very popular cosmetic procedure which makes the face and upper neck area appear more youthful. At our recently refurbished private hospital in Newcastle, we work with a dedicated team of experienced and highly qualified cosmetic consultants who demand the highest clinical standards, whilst ensuring consistently excellent patient outcomes.
Together, our cosmetic surgeons at Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital have completed thousands of facelift procedures, providing patients with fast access to surgery through a treatment plan individually tailored and inclusive of all costs.
Deciding whether to undertake cosmetic surgery or not isn’t easy and we understand that having any form of surgery is a big step. As a result, we request all patients meet with one of our cosmetic consultants at The Jesmond Centre (our state-of-the-art cosmetic centre of excellence). This consultation ensures all the options have been explored fully and that you are a suitable candidate for facelift surgery.
How to book a cosmetic consultation at Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital
If you are interested in facelift surgery and want to discuss your treatment options with one of our consultants in Newcastle, you will need to book a private consultation via our dedicated enquiry team on 0191 281 6131, or by filling out a contact form above.
If you are unsure about facelift surgery and wish to find out more information, you can always come along to one of our free cosmetic open events in Newcastle. Here you can meet a cosmetic consultant in person and ask any questions you may have.
What happens during a facelift?
A facelift is usually performed under general anaesthetic and usually takes two to three hours. The surgical technique will depend on what area is being lifted. There are three main types of "lift" performed at Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital. Read more below:
- SMAS facelift - Your surgeon will make an incision on both sides of your face in the hairline around your ears. They will cut under the deeper layer of tough tissue (superficial musculo-aponeurotic system or SMAS layer), lifting and tightening it. Your surgeon will then tighten the skin towards your ears and remove any excess skin.
- MACS facelift - The MACS (Minimal Access Cranial Suspension) face lift involves a smaller incision eliminating any scarring behind the ear. Your surgeon will tighten the SMAS layer with special suspension stitches to avoid cutting underneath it. MACS face lift involves less surgery but the results may not last as long as an SMAS facelift.
- Mid-facelift - A mid facelift addresses the area below your lower eyelids over the cheekbone. Your surgeon will make small cuts along your hairline and either inside your mouth or in your lower eyelid. They will use special surgical instruments and stitches to lift the cheeks.
- Once you have recovered from the anaesthetic, you will be encouraged to sit up in bed, sitting upright will help to reduce some of the swelling
- Your face is likely to feel tight and tender around the ears. However, there should not be any severe pain and this will be controlled with simple analgesia
- You may feel drowsy following surgery. Expect to wake up and doze off for the remainder of the day
- You may have a bandage around your head and under your chin after surgery. We will remove it the day after your surgery
- Small, thin tubes (drains) may be temporarily inserted in the wounds
- You are likely to stay in hospital overnightYou may be given a support garment to wear after your bandages are removed.
What happens during a mini facelift?
A mini facelift is usually performed under general anaesthetic and usually takes between 1 and 2 hours. Your surgeon will numb the area in front or just behind your ears. They will make a few small incisions in front or behind your ears and (depending on the extent of lift needed) along your hairline. They will extend and tighten the skin where needed. Your wounds will be closed using very fine stitches.
Going home after your facelift surgery
- You may experience swelling and bruising following your face lift
- You may feel tightness when opening your mouth
- Your surgeon may ask you to sleep upright for the first few days to keep swelling under control
- Stitches can be removed after 10 to 14 days
- Be sure and discuss your return to work with your surgeon
- At around four weeks you will be feeling more like your “normal” self
- However the full effect of a facelift may not be visible for 6 to 9 months after the procedure.
Guide to stages of recovery from facelift surgery
Days 1 - 4
- Swelling is at its worst days 2 and 3 after surgery
- Sleep upright in bed supported by pillows. Icepacks will be soothing
- Wear any support garment as instructed
- Take things easy for now.
5 - 14 days
- Gradually increase your activity but nothing too strenuous
- Light housework and gentle walks are fine
- Stitches around the ear will be removed.
- Any remaining staples will be removed
- You can think About returning to work after two weeks
- Continue to Wear support garment at night.
- All the visible swelling and bruising should have gone by now
- Should be able to remove any support garment
- Restart any exercise you do.
6 - 9 months
- Scars will soften and fade
- Final result can begin to be judged.
Whilst complications are rare, there are a few risk factors to consider when proceeding with your facelift surgery:
- Loss of skin or hair
- Developing a collection of blood under the skin
- Developing pale or dark areas on your face
- Damage to the facial nerve
- Cosmetic problems.
Many people find they start to develop a sagging jawline as they get older. Discover the best solutions, from cosmetic surgery to dermal fillers.