Haywards Heath Hospital Competition & Markets Authority Declaration
Hospital services provided for consultants
In accordance with the requirements of the Competition & Markets Authority Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order 2014 (the Order) the details of services offered by the hospital to our consultant partners are detailed below.
Consulting rooms are made available to referring clinicians or those that hold practising privileges at the hospital at a rate of £16.00 per hour or part thereof, which represents a fair market rate. Consulting rooms are made available on a non-discriminatory basis and on equivalent terms in accordance with the Order.
Medical secretarial services are made available to our consultant partners at a rate of £16.67 plus VAT per hour, which represents a fair market rate. Medical secretarial services are provided on a non-discriminatory basis and on equivalent terms in accordance with the Order.
All consultants are invited to attend an Annual General Meeting (AGM). The AGM is hosted offsite and food and drinks are provided. The cost of the event is £50 per head.
National Advisory Roles
The National Medical Advisory Group (NMAG) was established in June 2020 and supports the development of Nuffield Health’s strategy and policies, providing advice on clinical best practice, new technology and procedures and also giving specialty-specific expert advice.
The NMAG is constituted by consultants representing different specialties across Nuffield Health Hospitals. Members are invited to join the NMAG by Wouter Van den Brande, Medical Effectiveness & Innovation Director. Where advisory services are requested from and provided to Nuffield Health by NMAG consultant members, they are paid at a rate of £350 per hour.
Nuffield Health have a bank of consultants who act as expert professional case reviewers, also known as ‘medical reviewers’, who provide ad hoc medical advice to Nuffield Health and review patient pathways and care. Medical reviewers are paid a rate of £350 per hour for carrying out case reviews and providing advice to Nuffield Health.
To support delivery of clinical services in the hospital, the following consultants hold a paid advisory role for Nuffield Health Haywards Heath hospital:
- Dr Paul Donaldson, Consultant Microbiologist is paid £6,000 per annum for providing advice on antibiotic therapy, outbreak management, a 24/7 sharps injury management, attending quarterly infection prevention committee meetings and twice annually attending the water safety committee meeting.
- Dr Mark Austin, Consultant Gastroenterologist is paid £4,000 per annum for leading the JAG accreditation process.
Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital is proud to support medical professionals in their pursuit of continuing professional education. The Hospital’s Medical Society approves grants, made from Nuffield Health resources, in order to advance and ensure clinical safety through consultant attendance at relevant educational conferences and events.
Low value services
Low value services provided to our Consultant partners at this hospital include:
- Discounted gym membership
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- General corporate hospitality
- General hospital marketing activity
- General services provided to ensure clinical safety
- In-house training
- Insurance or indemnity cover in respect of the treatment of national health service patients
- Mandatory training
- Mini-consultations at patient information events
- Operational services such as patient admission, administrative services and billing
- Patient notes archiving
- Stationery and printing facilities
- Subsidised meals
- Tea, coffee and other soft beverages
Further useful outcome statistics for this hospital can be seen on the Private Healthcare Information Network website at www.phin.org.uk
Nuffield - Consultant Data Processing AgreementThe Data Processing Agreement governing the processing of any personal data in connection with the provision of administrative support services and/or medical records storage by the Hospital for consultants can be accessed here.