At Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital you can get rapid access to vasectomy reversal surgery which is performed by our experienced urological surgeons in our state-of-the-art medical facility.
Why choose Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital for your vasectomy reversal surgery?
If you are a man whose personal circumstances have changed and you are considering a vasectomy reversal, our expert urology consultants at Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital are here to help. They have a great track record of successful outcomes from their vasectomy reversal procedures, employing the most modern techniques.
Our experienced urological surgeons are well supported by our attentive matron-led nursing team who pride themselves on ensuring comfort and first class clinical support. Since our recent £8m hospital refurbishment, all of our individual patient rooms feature a contemporary design with large en-suite bathrooms, flat screen televisions and WiFi internet access. This all contributes to an exceptionally pleasant stay.
What happens during vasectomy reversal surgery
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic
- It usually takes between an 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon in Guildford will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After vasectomy reversal surgery at Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you
- Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort, as advised by the clinical team
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6 - 8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample
- We will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of a vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.
Stirling Road, Guildford, GU2 7RF
Please enter our full address into your satnav/phone GPS when travelling to our hospital, using the postcode alone may take you to the back of the hospital where there is no patient parking. To find the main entrance and car park please enter Stirling Road via Occam Road. If you have driven to our Hospital you are welcome to park in our car park free of charge. Our car park is managed by an external contractor so please remember to input your car registration on one of the terminals at reception. Please be aware that if this process is not followed, charges will apply.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of your treatment with a 6, 10 or 12 month 0% personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more