Accessibility Information at Glasgow Hospital.
Give us a call0131 447 2340
There is disabled access to the front of the building via a ramp.
There is level access from the main entrance to:
- Main reception
- Accessible toilet
- Consulting rooms
Diagnostic Imaging department (Level -1), Theatre (Level -1) and our Ward (Level 1) are accessible via the lift of stairs.
We also have wheelchairs available at our front reception area for those who require their use.
- Glass doors and full-height windows have contrast markings
- We have information available in large print on request.
- We have a hearing loop in the reception area and/or main patient waiting area.
If you are coming into the hospital and your first language is not English, you may need a translator to help you speak to doctors and nurses. We can provide telephone interpreting services through The Big Word. Please let us know as soon as possible if you require assistance with this.
Patients who are undergoing a surgical procedure or a diagnostic procedure will need an independent interpreter and not a family member. We can organise this on your behalf but we will need to know beforehand, please call us on 0141 334 9441.
- We have emergency evacuation procedures for disabled visitors
- Some staff have disability awareness training
- We have dedicated spaces available in the car park for Blue Badge Holders
- We can make appointments available at quieter times for people who are anxious in crowds – available on request