Our experienced general surgeons can provide you with rapid access to a colonoscopy and results at Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital.
Why choose Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital for your colonoscopy?
Are you in need of a colonoscopy procedure? You can skip the waiting lists and get rapid access to a private colonoscopy at Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital. Our specialist general surgeons are experts in diagnostic scans and you can expect to receive a detailed diagnosis and the findings from your procedure as quickly as possible.
Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital is conveniently located on the outskirts of Chichester city centre. We provide plenty of free on-site parking and are easily accessible by local buses from the city centre.
'Going private' at Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital may be more affordable than you think. Our packaged procedure prices include any aftercare you may require post treatment. You can pay for yourself.
What is a colonoscopy?
- A colonoscopy is a test regularly carried out at our Chichester Hospital that allows our consultants to look at the inner lining of your large intestine, (rectum and colon)
- We use a thin, flexible tube called a colonoscope to look at the colon
- A colonoscopy helps identify conditions such as ulcers, colon polyps, tumours and inflamed areas of inflammation.
Are there any alternatives to a colonoscopy?
Yes, other options can include a barium enema (an x-ray of the large bowel) or a CT colography (a special scan of the large bowel).
What does a colonoscopy procedure involve?
- If appropriate, the endoscopist may offer you a sedative or painkiller
- A colonoscopy usually takes between half an hour and three-quarters of an hour
- The procedure involves placing a flexible telescope into the back passage and blowing some air into the large bowel to get a clear view
- The endoscopist will be able to look for problems such as inflammation or polyps
- They will be able to perform biopsies and take photographs to help make the diagnosis.
What complications can happen?
- Allergic reaction
- Breathing difficulties or heart irregularities
- Making a hole in the colon
- Incomplete procedure.
How soon will I recover from my colonoscopy at Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital?
- If you were given a sedative, you will normally recover in approximately 2 hours
- You may feel a bit bloated for a few hours but this will pass
- Your consultant will report back to you the findings of your colonoscopy
- Most of our patients are able to go back to work the day after the colonoscopy.
A colonoscopy is usually a very safe and effective way of finding out if you have a problem with your large bowel.
78 Broyle Road, Chichester, PO19 6WB
|Initial consultation||from £180|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£1,720|
The guide price stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway. You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more