Do you want to achieve a more youthful appearance? At Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital our experienced cosmetic surgeons regularly perform facelift surgery through a treatment plan personalised to your expectations from surgery.
Why choose Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital for your facelift surgery?
Are you worried about the ageing process and desire a more youthful appearance? Many women across the UK undergo facelift surgery to tighten up their neck, nose, mouth and jaw lines. At Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital our expert cosmetic surgeons possess a wealth of experience in performing facelifts and can help give you the aesthetic results you desire.
Our hospital is conveniently located in Brentwood's town centre within close proximity to the M25, Shenfield and Brentwood Railway stations. Since opening in 1970, we have been leading the way for cosmetic surgery in Essex, employing the most modern and least invasive surgical techniques.
If you are unsure about whether facelift surgery is right for you, you are more than welcome to attend one of our free cosmetic surgery open events. Here you will get the opportunity to meet one of our cosmetic surgeons, learn more about facelifts and ask any questions you may have in an informal and friendly setting.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital
If you are interested in facelift surgery and want to discuss your treatment options with a cosmetic expert, you will need to book an initial consultation. To book, please call our hospital enquiry team on 01277 695 695.
What happens during a facelift?
A facelift is usually performed under general anaesthetic and usually takes two to three hours. The surgical technique will depend on what area is being lifted. There are three main types of "lift" performed at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital. Read more below:
- SMAS facelift - Your surgeon will make an incision on both sides of your face in the hairline around your ears. They will cut under the deeper layer of tough tissue (superficial musculo-aponeurotic system or SMAS layer), lifting and tightening it. Your surgeon will then tighten the skin towards your ears and remove any excess skin.
- MACS facelift - The MACS (Minimal Access Cranial Suspension) face lift involves a smaller incision eliminating any scarring behind the ear. Your surgeon will tighten the SMAS layer with special suspension stitches to avoid cutting underneath it. MACS face lift involves less surgery but the results may not last as long as an SMAS facelift.
- Mid-facelift - A mid facelift addresses the area below your lower eyelids over the cheekbone. Your surgeon will make small cuts along your hairline and either inside your mouth or in your lower eyelid. They will use special surgical instruments and stitches to lift the cheeks.
- Once you have recovered from the anaesthetic, you will be encouraged to sit up in bed, sitting upright will help to reduce some of the swelling
- Your face is likely to feel tight and tender around the ears. However, there should not be any severe pain and this will be controlled with simple analgesia
- You may feel drowsy following surgery. Expect to wake up and doze off for the remainder of the day
- You may have a bandage around your head and under your chin after surgery. We will remove it the day after your surgery
- Small, thin tubes (drains) may be temporarily inserted in the wounds
- You are likely to stay in hospital over night
- You may be given a support garment to wear after your bandages are removed.
What happens during a mini facelift?
A mini facelift is usually performed under general anaesthetic and usually takes between 1 and 2 hours. Your surgeon will numb the area in front or just behind your ears. They will make a few small incisions in front or behind your ears and (depending on the extent of lift needed) along your hairline. They will extend and tighten the skin where needed. Your wounds will be closed using very fine stitches.
Going home after your facelift surgery
- You may experience swelling and bruising following your face lift
- You may feel tightness when opening your mouth
- Your surgeon may ask you to sleep upright for the first few days to keep swelling under control
- Stitches can be removed after 10 to 14 days
- Be sure and discuss your return to work with your surgeon
- At around four weeks you will be feeling more like your “normal” self
- However, the full effect of a facelift may not be visible for 6 to 9 months after the procedure.
Guide to stages of recovery from facelift surgery
Days 1 - 4
- Swelling is at its worst days 2 and 3 after surgery
- Sleep upright in bed supported by pillows. Ice packs will be soothing
- Wear any support garment as instructed
- Take things easy for now.
5 - 14 days
- Gradually increase your activity but nothing too strenuous
- Light housework and gentle walks are fine
- Stitches around the ear will be removed.
- Any remaining staples will be removed
- You can think About returning to work after two weeks
- Continue to Wear support garment at night.
- All the visible swelling and bruising should have gone by now
- Should be able to remove any support garment
- Restart any exercise you do.
6 - 9 months
- Scars will soften and fade
- The final result can begin to be judged.
Whilst complications are rare, there are a few risk factors to consider when proceeding with your facelift surgery:
- Loss of skin or hair
- Developing a collection of blood under the skin
- Developing pale or dark areas on your face
- Damage to the facial nerve
- Cosmetic problems.
Shenfield Road, Brentwood, CM15 8EH
|Initial consultation||from £150|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£8,490|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more
Related free events
Thursday 19 May 2022
Mr Venkat Ramakrishnan, Consultant Plastic Surgeon
This free event is for anyone who is thinking about cosmetic surgery (no ear pinning or nose reshaping) and would like to explore options for treatment and would like more information regarding procedures and costings.Book your place now