Swimming Lessons at Worcester Fitness & Wellbeing Gym
Our popular swim school in Worcester offers private and group lessons for adults and children of all abilities.
Lessons at our pool in Worcester are taught by Swim England-qualified instructors
Our excellent 'Swim England Learn to Swim' programme at Nuffield Health gym in Worcester follows Swim England standards.
Whether you're an adult wanting to improve your technique, or your child wants to learn to swim, we can offer lessons tailored to your unique needs.
Lessons are available to both gym members and non-members.
Adult swimming lessons
- We believe it is never too late to learn how to swim
- Whether you're a complete beginner or want to improve your stroke, we offer 1-2-1 lessons throughout the day
- Your qualified swim instructor can tailor lessons to match your ability and goals, teaching front crawl, back stroke, breast stroke or butterfly
- Simply let us know when you would like to book a lesson and we will find a suitable time for you
- Our heated indoor pool is 16 metres long and you'll have your own lane to swim in.
- 1 x 30-minute private lesson: £20 - member, £25 non-member
Children's swimming lessons
We offer a variety of coaching options for your child, whatever their age or ability.
- Children's group swim lessons run Monday - Friday (during term time)
- 1-to-1 lessons available Saturday/Sunday mornings
- Groups are limited to 6 pupils per class
- 1 x 30-minute private lesson: £20 - member/non-member
- 1 x 30-minute group lesson: £7 - member, £8.50 non-member (bookable in school term blocks)
Swimming lessons class levels
We offer Swim England levels 1-8. Read more below:
Beginner (Swim England Stages 1 & 2) 4.5 years+
Develops basic safety awareness, movement and water skills and introduces submersion skills. Suitable for non or weak swimmers. Aiming to swim up to 5 metres plus front and back.
Improver (Swim England STAGES 3 & 4)
Aiming to swim 10 metres front and back. Introducing Breaststroke, Butterfly kick and sculling and rotation.
Intermediate (Swim England STAGES 5 & 6)
Developing strokes to 25 metres plus , Front-crawl, Back-stroke and Breaststroke and 10 metres Butterfly. Strokes to ASA standards. Treading water confidently.
Advanced (Swim England STAGE 7)
Developing stroke technique to 100 metres plus. Completion of an obstacle course. Introducing basic turning technique.
Swimming lessons timetable
|16:00 - Level 1+2||16:00 - Level 1+2||16:00 - Level 3+4||16:00 - Level 1+2||16:00 - Level 1+2|
|16:30 - Level 3+4||16:30 - Level 3+4||16:30 - Level 1+2||16:30 - Level 3+4||16:30 - Level 3+4|
|17:00 - Level 5-6||16:30 - Level 5-8||17:00 - Level 5-8||17:00 - Level 5-8||17:00 - Level 5-6|
|17:30 - Level 7-8||No lessons||No lessons||No lessons||No lessons|
Family swim times
- Monday - Friday: 10:30-11:30, 16:00-18:00
- Saturday, Sunday: 10:00-15:00
- We please ask that girls with long hair wear a swimming cap, these can be purchased at reception
- Children are not permitted to use the swimming pool after their lesson without an adult being in the water with them
- As a non-member of the gym, parent/guardian and siblings are not permitted to use the club facilities
- If you do wish to use the facilities please purchase a guest pass from reception
- Once you have paid you will be given a receipt, please hand this to your swimming instructor as proof of payment.
If you would like further information or to book lesson, please get in touch. We look forward to welcoming you to our swim school.
Contact our swim school in Worcester
Fill in the form below, or give us call
A member of the team will respond to you soon.