Swimming Lessons at Hertford Fitness & Wellbeing Gym
At our Nuffield Health gym in Hertford we can offer you both children's group swimming lessons with our swim programme or private 1-2-1 lessons.
Call us today
Swimming: The benefits
Swimming is a vital life skill as well as an extremely effective way to exercise, working all the body's muscle groups. Because of waters' fantastic resistance qualities it's an excellent setting to undertake a fat-burning workout.
Swimming's also a low-impact sport, so there is less chance of you sustaining injury. Regardless of your age, weight, gender or ability, swimming is simply a great way to exercise.
Our instructors here in Hertford are experts in teaching children (and adults) to swim, in a fun, friendly and safe environment. Our popular swim school provides both private 1-2-1 lessons and small group sessions.
Recently we also introduced the ASA's (Amateur Swimming Association) amazing new Swimfit programme, (more details below).
Swimming lessons at our Hertford gym
- We follow the ASA "Swim England Learn to Swim" Programme
- All of our dedicated instructors are highly qualified with the ASA swimming governing body and are trained to an exceptional standard
- We have small group sizes and only allow 6 children per instructor in our lower stage classes
- We offer lessons from 6 weeks old all the way through to adults, catering for all abilities
- We run sessions for pre-school children as well as for parent & baby
- We have junior squads as part of our swim programme for the more advanced swimmers
- Our lessons follow the school term times and we offer additional specific holiday crash courses.
The amazing thing about Swimfit, (developed by the The Amateur Swimming Association), is that you are able to tailor your pool session to meet your needs. There are 30 session cards displayed pool side to choose from, so there is an appropriate card to match your ability and fitness level.
There are two options:
- Swimfit Activate - follow the Swimfit session cards independently and progress at your own pace
- Swimfit Activate+ - take part in an instructor led class session with other members.
Have questions for our Hertford swim team?
Submit them to our dedicated team today, just fill out the below web-form and we'll respond to you as quickly as possible. Alternatively, please call us our gym reception on 01992 584765.