A popular exercise class which helps build strength from the inside out, rebalancing the body and bringing it into alignment.
What is Pilates?
Pilates is a very popular body conditioning workout that operates in a different way to many other gym classes.
Pilates helps to reshape your body, which will become leaner and more toned as a result of undertaking this class. It will also improve your posture, achieving the perfect balance between strength and flexibility.
Our gym members often find that Pilates helps them relieve unwanted stress and tension. It's slow, controlled approach means that it gives much longer-term results and it is especially recommended by medical specialists for those with back problems.
Pilates classes at Nuffield Health are all about:
- Muscle recruitment patterns
- Correcting common muscle imbalances
- Restoring alignment and natural movement.
The benefits of Pilates include:
- Obtaining greater strength and muscle tone
- More efficient respiratory, lymphatic and circulatory systems
- Better posture & core strength
- A flatter stomach and trimmer waist line
- Improved mobility & flexibility
- Less incidence of back pain
- Lower stress levels.
Combining two fitness classes in a row can have a bigger impact on your fitness than you may think. Personal Trainer Rob Brown provides a round-up of some of the benefits.