Swimming Lessons at Chelmsford Fitness & Wellbeing Gym
Want to learn to swim? We offer lessons with ASA qualified instructors in both 1-2-1 and small group formats.
Call us today:
Learn to swim in a clean, safe pool with ASA qualified instructors. Our small groups make learning easier
We offer swimming lessons at our Chelmsford gym to babies from 12+ weeks, right through to people of retirement age.
Our child swimming lessons are for children up to 4 years of age accompanied by an adult in the water. The lessons introduce water confidence and early swimming skills (with the use of a variety of swimming aids) through song and play.
We also offer pre-school swimming lessons for children aged from 2½ years for the more confident children. These classes are offered in small groups (max 6) with the teacher in the water to help develop your child's swimming skills.
Our after-school lessons for children 4+ years builds on these foundation skills and follows the ASA (Amateur Swimming Association) Awards Scheme. These classes progress from the small pool into the deeper water of the fast lane.
You don't have to be a member of our Chelmsford gym to book swimming lessons here.
How long are our lessons and how much do they cost?
- Swimming lessons are 30 minutes long and classes are grouped by ability
- Where possible, siblings are allocated a class on the same day within a 2 hour lesson slot
- Term time lessons run for between 9 and 12 weeks excluding school holidays
- Child member price = £6.75 per group lesson. (If the child is a member, or is under 5 years and the paying adult is a member)
- Child non-member price = £7.50 per group lesson.
- Available each school holiday
- Crash courses consist of a week of lessons every morning during school holidays and cost £35 per week
- 1-to-1 lessons cost on request
- 1-to-2 lessons cost on request.