Shenika qualified from the University of Liverpool in 2011. She then started her career as an Orthoptist for the Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS trust where she gained specialist skills in the diagnosis and management of complex cases, including eye movement disorders, stroke and mears-irlen syndrome.
In 2014 she decided to relocate to London and worked for Barts NHS Trust as a Deputy Head Orthoptist where she undertook investigation, diagnosis and management of complex ocular motility problems and became a lead Orthoptist for the stroke and paediatric educational needs service. In addition to an extended role in goldman applanation tonometry to assess intraocular pressure for glaucoma patients and assess the effectiveness of glaucoma treatment.
In 2018 Shenika started her role at Leicester Royal Infirmary, where she developed a special interest in the paediatric cataract service and gained the skills to manage complex paediatric cataract patients. In July 2021 she became Deputy Head Orthoptist at the Leicester Royal Infirmary and continues to develop her skills and experience.
Her expertise includes:
- visual fields (including goldman visual fields)
- goldman applanation tomonetry and investigation
- diagnosis and management of complex ocular motility problems in children and adults; this includes amblyopia, strabismus and double vision.
- Paediatric cataract patients
- Biometry (for cataract patients)
- Paediatric and adult patients with eye movement disorders including double vision caused by nerve palsies
- Goldman applanation tonometry for monitoring of glaucoma patients.
Other posts held
- Current base is Leicester Royal Infirmary Role - Deputy Head Orthoptist
Ms Shenika Tailor does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Ms Shenika Tailor does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Ms Shenika Tailor does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.