After graduating from University College Dublin, Ms Nugent completed specialist training in plastic surgery with the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. She undertook postgraduate fellowships in North America and Australia. She complete her advanced burn critical care and burn surgery (acute and reconstructive) during her fellowship at Shriners Hospitals for Children in Galveston, Texas. Nora obtained additional subspecialty training in Australia completing a plastic surgery fellowship at St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney which included extensive exposure to both reconstructive surgery (including microsurgery), aesthetic (cosmetic) surgery and also a hand surgery fellowship with Victorian Hand Surgery Associates, Melbourne.
Ms Nugent is an NHS consultant at the Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, where her interests include burns, lower limb reconstruction and hand surgery as well as general plastic surgery. As part of this commitment, she also attends the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton and Tunbridge Wells hospital at Pembury regularly.
S She is also a member of multidisciplinary clinical groups overseeing the management of burns, skin cancer and lower limb injuries.
To arrange a free 15 minute confidential discussion with Ms Nugent contact Nuffield Health Tunbridge Wells helpline on 01892 552932.
Ms Nugent specialises in:
Cosmetic surgery to the breasts, body, face and on-surgical procedures including botulinum toxin, fillers and prescription skin care.
Burn scar surgery and reconstruction, lower limb reconstruction, breast reconstruction and hand surgery including carpal tunnel velease and Dupuytren's contractive.
Treatments and tests offered by Ms Nora Nugent at Nuffield Health
- Body contouring
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Facial resurfacing
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Arm reduction (Brachioplasty)
- Breast augmentation (enlargement)
- Dupuytren's fasciectomy
- Facial surgery
- Excision of skin lesion
- Rhinoplasty (or nose reshaping)
- Neck lift
- Gynaecomastia surgery (male breast reduction)
- Hand surgery
- Breast reduction
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty)
Ms Nugent has published in several national and international medical journals as well as presenting her research projects to the plastic surgery and hand surgery communities at scientific meetings. She has also co-authored book chapters in her areas of clinical interest.
She is a research supervisor for medical students in Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
Her areas of research include:
- Techniques of burn depth assessment
- Assessment of outcomes post open tibial fractures
- The use of ultrasound to assess flexor tendon repairs
- Long term evaluation of surgical approaches and comparison of implant types in PIP replacement
- Royal College of Surgeon in Ireland
- British Burn Association
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Irish Association of Plastic Surgeons
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeons
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Other posts held
- Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead
- Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton (Honorary)
- Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury
Insurers Ms Nora Nugent works with
Ms Nora Nugent works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Ms Nora Nugent does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Ms Nora Nugent does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Ms Nora Nugent does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.