Mr Thomas William Lawson Chapman
BSc, MB ChB, MRCS, FRCS (Plast)
- Plastic Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery, Oncoplastic Surgery
- Year of first qualification
- Languages spoken
English and French
- GMC Number
Mr Chapman was born and bred in Worcestershire and runs a successful private practice based in the three counties. He attended Bristol University medical school attaining a first class honours degree in preclinical science supported by a scholarship from the smith and nephew foundation.
He graduated with honours in 1998 and followed the traditional route of training, completing 5 years of general surgery and the MRCS in 2003, followed by another 6 years of specialist plastic surgery training and the FRCS (Plast) in 2009. He then completed extra training in the form of fellowships in cosmetic and minimal scarring techniques in Trieste (Italy), Nottingham and London over a two year period supported by a travelling award from BAPRAS and a scholarship from the royal college of surgeons.
He is on the specialist register for plastic surgery and has been and NHS consultant since 2011 based in Southmead Hospital, Bristol. He is a member of the governing body of Bristol University and is responsible for the teaching and selection of plastic surgery trainees in the southwest uk.
Mr Chapman has a friendly, open, non-judgmental and personal approach supporting patients through surgery and the postoperative period. Able to offer the full range of techniques, he can tailor treatment to the specific needs of each patient.
Mr Chapman specialises in:
- Weekly Thursday 16:00 - 18:00
- Weekly Saturday 09:00 - 12:00
- Alternate Wednesday 18:00 - 19:00
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- Honorary Consultant, Gloucester Royal Hospital
- Honorary contract, Cheltenham General Hospiral
- Honorary contract, Bristol Children's Hospital
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, Bristol University
- Core member of skin and sarcoma MDT, North Bristol NHS Trust
- Cosmetic and breast surgery
- Post weight loss surgery
- Moles and skin cancer
- Lumps and bumps
- Minimal scar surgery
Gardening, architecture, history, antiques, piano and clock repairs!
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- International Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- British Medical Association
- British Burns Association
Mr Chapman has written over 30 peer review publications, is an invited editor to journals and has written guidance on, and contributed to, written texts on his speciality interests. He has a close association with Bristol University and is a member of the governing body. He is involved in the selection of and training of junior doctors and surgeons. He has been an invited speaker to international courses and conferences. He supervises a variety of national and local research projects.
DeclarationMr Thomas William Lawson Chapman has indicated that they work with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
Mr Thomas William Lawson Chapman has indicated that they do not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Thomas William Lawson Chapman has indicated that they do not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Thomas William Lawson Chapman has indicated that they do not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.