Mr Bhatia is trained as both a dentist and a doctor. He has completed training in all parts of the UK in particular in the East Anglia rotation and has undertaken postings in Nigeria, Canada and India.
Mr Bhatia has extensive experience in all aspects of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery including surgical removal of wisdom teeth. He has a special interest in head and neck cancer, skin cancer and salivary gland disease and neck lumps. Mr Bhatia also undertakes facial reconstruction including microvascular techniques.
Mr Bhatia is currently in the process of setting up a charity in India to enable a disadvantaged child to be educated.
Mr Bhatia is the father of two young children and is also a keen cricketer and badminton player.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Sunil Bhatia at Nuffield Health
- Submandibular gland removal
Mr Bhatia has completed research on the molecular basis of oral cancer and has jointly composed various publications which include:
- Human factors in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- 10 cases of Oral Cancer developing in Lichen Planus
- An audit of mandibular fractures treated at the National Maxillofacial unit in Dublin
- Fractures of the paediatric facial skeleton
- British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists
- European Association of Cranio Maxillofacial Surgery
- British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
Other posts held
- Shrewsbury and Telford NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Sunil Bhatia works with
Mr Sunil Bhatia works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
Mr Sunil Bhatia does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Sunil Bhatia does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Sunil Bhatia does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.