- Specialities Bariatrics, General Surgery, Weight loss
- Telephone 0800 616267
- Year of first qualification 2000
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 4705543
- Fax 0141 339 1352
Simon was appointed as Consultant Upper GI and Laparoscopic surgeon at University Hospital Crosshouse in 2012 following a 6-month period as a locum UGI consultant at Glasgow Royal Infirmary.
This followed a 1 year period as the Upper GI and Bariatric Surgery fellow at Concord Hospital in Sydney, Australia where he received extensive laparoscopic upper GI and bariatric training, performing over 100 bariatric procedures (band, sleeve, bypass). He had previously undergone obesity surgery training in Glasgow.
- Consultant Upper GI and Laparoscopic Surgeon, University Hospital Crosshouse
- Consultant Upper GI and Laparoscopic surgeon at The Glasgow Queen Elizabeth University Hospital
Simon is married with two children and in his spare time competes in triathlons.
- Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons
Simon has research interests in bariatric surgery with his work on laparoscopic gastric banding and sleeve gastrectomy being presented at conferences in Australia and most recently in the prize session at the British Obesity and Metabolic Surgical Society meeting in Glasgow. Simon continues to collaborate on bariatric research with surgeons in Australia.
Book Chapters and Invited Articles
Landmark Papers in General Surgery, Oesophago-gastric surgery, Oxford Clinical Press
Gastric and Oesophageal Cancers, D Martin SC Gibson, How to Treat, Australian Doctor, February 2012
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: review of 500 cases in single surgeon Australian practice, Simon C Gibson, Philip A Le Page, Craig J Taylor, ANZ Journal of Surgery
- “Step-port” Laparoscopic Cystgastrostomy for the management of organised solid predominant post-acute fluid collections following severe acute pancreatitis, Simon C Gibson, Bernard F Robertson, Euan J Dickson, Colin J McKay, C. Ross Carter, HPB
- Laparoscopic Paraesophageal Hernia Repair: Defining Long-Term Clinical and Anatomic Outcomes, Falk GL, Gibson SC,J Gastrointest Surg. 2012 Dec 1 (Letter)
- Laparoscopic repair of giant hiatus hernia- prosthesis is not required for successful outcome, SC Gibson, S Wong, A, GL Falk, Surgical Endoscopy
- Is herniogram a safe and practical examination to investigate patients with possible inguinal hernia, L.McGill, SC Gibson, C Craig, International Journal of Surgery vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 575-575, 2011
Mr Simon Gibson does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Simon Gibson does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Simon Gibson holds the following paid advisory role(s) either at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health:
Mr Simon Gibson does hold a paid advisory role at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.