Mr Siddharth P. Govilkar
BSc (1st Class Hons), MBBS, FRCS Trauma & Orthopaedics
GMC number: 7016356
Practicing since: 2009
- Tuesday and Saturday
Or call us on
Mr Siddharth P. Govilkar is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in hip and knee surgery and is the Hip Fracture Lead at University Hospital of North Midlands. Mr Govilkar graduated from Queen Mary University of London, having trained at the historic St Bartholomews Hospital and the Royal London Hospital. He is a member of The Royal College of Surgeons of England and completed his surgical training in 2012. He then attained his higher specialist surgical training at the world renowned Robert Jones Agnes Hunt Hospital (Oswestry) and completed a 1-year arthroplasty and reconstructive surgical fellowship at the prestigious Wrightington Hospital, where modern hip replacement was pioneered.
Having achieved multiple national and international publications and presentations, he was selected as a British Orthopaedic Association Future Leader and successfully appointed to lead the Hip Fracture service at UHNM. His roles and responsibilities involve coordinating and managing a large multidisciplinary team that delivers care to over 850 hip fracture patients per year, whilst also undertaking high volume elective Total hip and knee arthroplasty.
Mr Govilkar is extremely passionate and enthusiastic about making positive changes to enhance patient experience and quality of care.
“To care for those who once cared for us is one of the highest honours.”
- Total Hip Replacements
- Revision Hip Replacements
- Partial Knee Replacements
- Total Knee Replacements
- Revision Knee Replacements
- Non-operative management of hip and knee arthritis
- Enhanced Recovery
- Day Case Hip & Knee Replacements
- Use of ceramic and advanced polyethylene bearing materials for joint replacements
Locations Mr Siddharth P. Govilkar works with
1. Govilkar S, Gandhi M, Whittaker JP, Spencer-Jones R, Evans C, Gregson P
Title: The Survivorship of Revision of Total Hip Replacements with severe proximal bone deficiency using a modular taper fluted prosthesis.
Accepted by Acta Orthopaedica Belgica: Publication July 2021
2. IMPACT-Restart Collaboration (Govilkar S), Clement N, Scott C, Murray J, Howie C
Title: The number of patients “worse than death” while waiting for a hip or knee arthroplasty has nearly doubled during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Bone & Joint Journal, Published April 2021
3. Govilkar S, Dover C, Dass D, Rind H, Ramhamadany E, Ford D, Cool Prof
Title: How the COVID pandemic changed trauma
Journal of Emergencies, Trauma and Shock: Published December 2020
4. Bolt A, Govilkar S, Hay S
Title: An epidemiological review of elbow fractures and elbow injuries in a District General Hospital over a 10-year period.
Journal of Surgery (Science publishing group): Published, October 2020
5. Govilkar S, Law F, Banks D, Kankanalu P, Lim J
Primary Total Hip Replacement using Bursch-Schneider Cages for Acetabular Fractures
Journal HIP International: Published September 2020
6. Rind JH, Ramhamadany E, Collins R, Govilkar S, Hay S
Title: An analysis of Virtual Fracture Clinics in Orthopaedic Trauma During the Coronavirus Crisis
EFFORT Online journal, Published, June 2020
7. Govilkar S, Dover C, Dass D, Rind H, Ramhamadany E, Ford D, Potter R, Singh R, Kelly C, Meyer C
Title: From Elective Orthopaedic Centre to a COVID-19 Trauma Unit: Rapid transformation
The Journal of Trauma, Orthopaedics and the Coronavirus (JTO): May 2020 Published
8. Govilkar S, Law F, Woo T, Lim J, Youssef B, Britton I.
Injury Patterns of Equine-Related Trauma
The Open Orthopaedic Journal, Bentham Open Reference No:TOORTHJ-19-3054, ISSN: 1874-3250: ( March 2019)
9. Govilkar S, Bolt A, Ford D, Kiely N.
“Reviewing Current Concepts in Distal Tibial Physeal Injuries: New Twists and Old Turns?
Orthopedic and Muscular System: Paediatric Orthopaedics, 2161-0533-1000254-100677: February 2018
10. Govilkar S, Patel M, Bolt A, Hay S
To fly or not to fly?- A Review of the Pertinent Literature
Orthopaedic and Muscular System: Research, 2161-0533-1000253-100676: May 2018
11. Barrington J H, Tuttle. James, Chrismas B, Gibson O, Govilkar S et al (2017)
“Hypoxia Air Inhalation & Ischaemia Interventions Both Elicit Preconditioning Which Attenuate Subsequent Cellular Stress In vivo Following Blood Flow Occlusion & Reperfusion”
Published: Journal Frontiers in Physiology: Sub section Exercise Physiology, Front. Physiol. 8:560. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2017.00560: August 2017
12. Govilkar S, Orfanos G, Law F, Youssef B, Lim J
(Target journal: Journal of Hospital Medicine)
Title: Outcomes following periprosthertic femoral fractures in nonagenarians
- General Medical Council
- British Medical Association
- Medical Defence Union
- Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- British Orthopaedics Association
- British Hip Society
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
Other posts held
- University Hospital North Midlands, Consultant Hip and Knee Surgeon & Hip Fracture Lead
Mr Siddharth P. Govilkar does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Siddharth P. Govilkar does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Siddharth P. Govilkar does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.