Mr Khan gained an honours degree in law from Cambridge University. He then studied medicine at Oxford University, again obtaining an honours degree. On completing his junior doctor training, he went back to Cambridge University to study for his surgical exams and to teach anatomy to the undergraduates.
Mr Khan embarked on a career in Trauma and Orthopaedic surgery, completing his basic surgical training and higher Orthopaedic surgical training on the well regarded Bristol program. During this time he became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, and later passed the specialist Orthopaedic Fellowship (FRCS (Tr & Orth)).
He completed three years of specialist training in spinal surgery and worked as a Spinal Fellow in specialist spinal units in Birmingham and Cardiff in the UK, and then at specialist spinal centres in the United States, including the world renowned spinal deformity centres in San Diego, California and Miami, Florida.
Mr Khan commenced as a full time Spinal
Consultant at the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital, Exeter in 2007. Although
he has been fully trained in Trauma and Orthopaedics he now works purely as a
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Shahid Khan at Nuffield Health
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Lumbar discectomy
- Correction of scoliosis
- Removal of spinal hardware
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Spinal fusion
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Facet joint injections
- Dorsal root ganglion block
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Society of Lateral Access Surgeons
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic & Spinal Surgeon at Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital
- Consultant Orthopaedic & Spinal Surgeon at Royal Devon & Exeter NHS Foundation Trust