- Specialities Orthopaedics, Foot & Ankle Surgery, Joint replacement, Musculoskeletal
- Telephone 01242 246519
- Year of first qualification 1978
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 3396094
- Fax 01242 246551
Mr Close has been a specialist orthopaedic surgeon for 24 years. He trained at the Groote Schuur Hospital (University of Cape Town), registering as a specialist in 1989. He then spent a year at the Musgrave Park Hospital in Belfast doing a fellowship in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty.
After practicing in Cape Town as a specialist for 10 years, he moved to his current consultant post in Gloucestershire. He only performs lower limb surgery, specialising mainly in all aspects of knee surgery - although he still has a substantial hip replacement practice.
Mr Close specialises in the following treatments in Cheltenham:
- Weekly Friday 12:00 - 13:30
- Consultant at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Trust
- NHS clinics in Gloucester, Cheltenham and Stroud
- Soft tissue knee injuries/problems
- Knee ligament reconstruction
- Osteoarthritis of the knee
- Knee replacement surgery including unicompartmental replacement
- High tibial osteotomy
- Osteoarthritis of hip
- Hip replacement surgery
Cycling, hiking, gardening, armchair rugby and cricket fan.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association of Knee Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
DeclarationMr Roger Close works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Roger Close does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Roger Close does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Roger Close does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.