- Specialities Neurosurgery, Spinal and Neck Surgery, Spinal Surgery
- Telephone 01223 370922
- Year of first qualification 1983
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 2825421
- Fax 01223 281310
Rod Laing was appointed as a Consultant Neurosurgeon, with an interest in spinal neurosurgery, at Addenbrookes Hospital in 1995. Since then his practice has expanded to include both complex spinal neurosurgery and minimally invasive (keyhole) surgery, which can often be performed as a day case. Rod specialises in the treatment of degenerative disease, trauma, tumours and syringomyelia. He has a patient centred focus.
In 2000 Rod was appointed director of higher neurosurgical training for the Eastern Deanery; in this capacity he was directly involved in neurosurgical training both at local level and at the Royal College of Surgeons in London. In addition Rod has been secretary of the British Cervical Spine Society and worked to establish the British Association of Spine Surgeons where he served on the Executive until recently. In 2009 Rod became Clinical Director of Neurosurgery; he has overseen many changes within the Neurosurgical centre and introduced key initiatives including day case spinal surgery.
Mr Rod Laing was awarded the Certificate of Excellence 2018 from iWantGreatCare in February 2018.
- Monday weeks 2, 4 and 5 between 6-8pm
- Appointments can be made directly with Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital Outpatient Bookings)
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Spinal tumours
- Back pain and Lumbar disc problems
- Neck pain and cervical disc problems
- Cervical and lumbar discectomy
- Spinal stenosis
- Complex spine surgery
- Council member Society British Neurological Surgeons
- British Association of Spine Surgeons
- United Kingdom Spinal Societies Board Member
Rod has active scientific research interests includes establishing robust criteria for measuring the effectiveness of surgical treatment of spinal disorders. He believes that a reliable and consistent measurement of patient experience and outcome is a critical factor in driving improvements.