- Specialities Orthopaedics
- Telephone 01243 753053
- Year of first qualification 1992
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 3543449
- Fax 01243 532244
Mr Hill graduated from Birmingham Medical School in 1991 and subsequently as an anatomy lecturer at Edinburgh University followed by basic and subsequent higher specialist training in Edinburgh. He completed two fellowships, one in New Zealand specialising in trauma and shoulders and the other in Oswestry in the UK, specialising in shoulder and sports knee injuries.
Mr Hill is a dual accredited surgeon, he became a Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh in 2001 and completed training in 2003. He became Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at St Richard's Hospital in 2003, where he provides an 'on call' trauma service and has maintained his primary hip and knee arthroplasty service alongside sub-specialisation in shoulder and elbow disorders including sports knee injuries.
Mr Hill currently works at St Richard's Hospital both electively and 'on call' and provides a private practise at the Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital. In his spare time Mr Hill enjoys spending time with his family and taking his children to sporting events. When he has the rare opportunity he also enjoys playing golf.
Mr Hill is an experienced orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in:
- Weekly Monday
- Weekly Thursday
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, St Richard's Hospital
- Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons
- Medical Protection Society
Research papers include:
- "Epidemiology and survival of Pubic Rami Fractures."
- "Clinical Examination for FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics) Shoulder chapter."
- "Adult distal humeral metaphyseal fractures: epidemiology and results of treatment."
- "Drain vs. no drain in unilateral and bilateral knee arthroplasty: a randomised prospective trial."
- "The outcome of primary hemiarthroplasty performed for prosimal humeral fractures."
DeclarationMr Richard Hill works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Richard Hill does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Richard Hill does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Richard Hill does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.