Mr Hill graduated from Birmingham Medical School in 1991 and subsequently as an anatomy lecturer at Edinburgh University followed by basic and subsequent higher specialist training in Edinburgh. He completed two fellowships, one in New Zealand specialising in trauma and shoulders and the other in Oswestry in the UK, specialising in shoulder and sports knee injuries.
Mr Hill is a dual accredited surgeon, he became a Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh in 2001 and completed training in 2003. He became Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at St Richard's Hospital in 2003, where he provides an 'on call' trauma service and has maintained his primary hip and knee arthroplasty service alongside sub-specialisation in shoulder and elbow disorders including sports knee injuries.
Mr Hill currently works at St Richard's Hospital both electively and 'on call' and provides a private practise at the Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital. In his spare time Mr Hill enjoys spending time with his family and taking his children to sporting events. When he has the rare opportunity he also enjoys playing golf.
Mr Hill is an experienced orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in:
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Richard Hill at Nuffield Health
- Bilateral Tenotomy
- Fusion of big toe
- Hand surgery
- Hip replacement surgery
- Keller's arthroplasty
- Knee arthroscopy surgery
- Knee replacement surgery
- Shoulder Manipulation
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Tennis elbow release
- Tibial osteotomy
- Toe joint fusion
- PCL reconstruction
- Ankle ligament repair
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Shoulder replacement surgery
- Elbow surgery
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Trigger Point Injections
- Dupuytren's fasciectomy
- Toe surgery
- Image guided joint injections
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Cubital tunnel release
- Hip revision surgery
- Hip arthroscopy
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT)
Research papers include:
- "Epidemiology and survival of Pubic Rami Fractures."
- "Clinical Examination for FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics) Shoulder chapter."
- "Adult distal humeral metaphyseal fractures: epidemiology and results of treatment."
- "Drain vs. no drain in unilateral and bilateral knee arthroplasty: a randomised prospective trial."
- "The outcome of primary hemiarthroplasty performed for prosimal humeral fractures."
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons
- Medical Protection Society
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, St Richard's Hospital
- Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital
Insurers Mr Richard Hill works with
Mr Richard Hill works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Richard Hill does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Richard Hill does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Richard Hill does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.