Mr Patrick Axon
MD, FRCS (ORL-HNS), MB, ChB
GMC number: 3480465
Practicing since: 1990
- Bi Weekly Tuesday 8:00 - 12:00
Or call us on
Patrick Axon is a consultant neuro-otologist and cochlear implant surgeon at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge.
He is clinical lead at the Cambridge Implant Programme. The Cambridge skull base unit is one of the largest in the U.K. and one of only two that specialises in Auditory Brainstem Implants.
Otology, Neurotology, Skull Base.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Patrick Axon at Nuffield Health
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Adult audiology hearing aid provision
- Microsuction of ear canal
- Mastoid surgery
- Head and neck surgery
- Grommet insertion
- Middle ear surgery
- Excision of skin lesion
Locations Mr Patrick Axon works with
Ear pathology, hearing balance in children, Adult and Paediatric Otology. Genetics of hearing loss, otosclerosis and Miniéres disease, Auditory Brainstem Implants.
Mr Axon qualified from Leeds University Medical Society in 1990 and spent the majority of his postgraduate training in Manchester and Cambridge. After a year of research into disorders of the facial nerve he was rewarded a doctoral thesis. He is a consultant otolaryngologist at Addenbrooke's, Cambridge. He has a busy general and paediatric ENT practice and has developed a particular interest in otology and paediatric otolaryngology.
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Association of Otolarygology
- British Cochlea Implant Group
- Secretary of the British Skull Base Society
- Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland
- Council of the British Society of Otology
- European Skull Base Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Otoneurological and Skull Base Surgeon, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust