Mr Neville Menezes is a Consultant Surgeon practicing at Ashford & St. Peter’s hospital NHS Trust, Chertsey, Surrey. He was trained in the South Thames Deanery with Specialist training in General Surgery. He completed his FRCS from The Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh and thereafter pursued research & specialist training followed by an Intercollegiate FRCS (Gen. Surg.) in 2002.
He trained as a Laparoscopic Fellow at The Laparoscopic Surgical Training Unit (MATTU), in Guildford and performs most of his operations laparoscopically. He has also sub-specialized in Hepatobiliary & Pancreas surgery having worked at King's College Hospital in London and the Pancreatic Unit at the Lister Department of Surgery. His Endoscopic Ultrasound Training was based at St Thomas’s Hospital in London.
Mr Menezes will be performing all routine general surgical operations like excision of lesions (lumps & bumps, walk-in service), hernia operations (open and laparoscopic), gastrointestinal operations, operations for gallstone disease and acid reflux, gallbladder, bile duct surgery and pancreas surgery. His Endoscopic services include, OGD, colonoscopy, ERCP and endoscopic ultrasound.
Mr Menezes' special interests include:
- Gallstone disease
- Obstructive jaundice
- Reflux disease & hiatus hernia surgery
- Pancreatic cancer & Chronic Pancreatitis
- Benign & malignant biliary pathology
- Laparoscopic General & Hernia surgery
- Percutaneous Laparoscopic Necrosectomy for patients with necrotizing pancreatitis
- Development of Minimally Invasive Thoracosopic
- Splanchnicectomy at the HPB Unit at the Royal Surrey County hospital and instrumental in the development of the Chronic Pancreatitis Support group for Surrey & Sussex
As well as upper and lower GI endocsopy, ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-pancreatography) and EUS (Endoscopic Ultrasound, Diagnostic & Therapeutic) procedures are performed.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Neville Menezes at Nuffield Health
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Hernia repair
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
Mr Menezes have carried out research and written publications in relation to gallstone disease, jaundice, cholecystitis, reflux and pancreatic disease. For more information on pancreatic cancer visit the Pancreatic Cancer Action website.
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Pancreatic society of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Pancreatic Club
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons of Great Britain Ireland
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain Ireland
- Endoscopic Ultrasound Users Group
Other post held
- Consultant Surgeon - Ashford and St Peter's Hospital, Chertsey, Surrey
- HPB Surgeon - Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey
Mr Neville Menezes does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Neville Menezes does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Neville Menezes does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.