Mr Carr qualified from Newcastle Medical School in 1985 and trained in general surgery in the north of England, developing specialist interest and expertise in breast and thyroid surgery. His specialties include:
- Breast cancer
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Breast screening
- Benign breast disease
- Thyroid surgery
- Gallbladder surgery
- Hernia repair
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Michael Carr at Nuffield Health
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Hernia repair surgery
His publications include:
White, V., J. R. Harvey, C. D. M. Griffith, M. Youssef and M. Carr (2011). "Sentinel lymph node biopsy in early breast cancer surgery - Working with the risks of vital blue dye to reap the benefits". European Journal of Surgical Oncology 37(2): 101-108.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Association of Breast Surgeons
- British Association Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons
Other post held
- Consultant General, Breast and Thyroid Surgeon, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Trust
- Honorary Consultant Surgeon, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne
Mr Michael Carr does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Michael Carr does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Michael Carr does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.