- Specialities General Surgery, Breast Surgery
- Telephone 01912 816 131
- Year of first qualification 1985
- GMC Number 3066142
- Fax 01912 811 379
Mr Carr qualified from Newcastle Medical School in 1985 and trained in general surgery in the north of England, developing specialist interest and expertise in breast and thyroid surgery. His specialties include:
- Breast cancer
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Breast screening
- Benign breast disease
- Thyroid surgery
- Gallbladder surgery
- Hernia repair
- Weekly Saturday AM
- Consultant General, Breast and Thyroid Surgeon, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Trust
- Honorary Consultant Surgeon, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Association of Breast Surgeons
- British Association Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons
His publications include:
White, V., J. R. Harvey, C. D. M. Griffith, M. Youssef and M. Carr (2011). "Sentinel lymph node biopsy in early breast cancer surgery - Working with the risks of vital blue dye to reap the benefits". European Journal of Surgical Oncology 37(2): 101-108.
Mr Michael Carr does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Michael Carr does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Michael Carr does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.