Mr Oakley studied Medicine at Glasgow University, graduating in 1991. His specialist registrar training was on the Northern Regional Orthopaedic Training Programme whilst living in Durham. In 2001, he passed his FRCS (Tr & Orth) and completed an Arthroplasty Fellowship at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham, and a Trauma fellowship in Denver Colorado, USA.
He returned to Hereford as a Consultant in 2003.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Matthew Oakley at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Hip revision
- Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation
- Hip replacement
- Bilateral Tenotomy
- Ankle fusion
Research interests include hip and knee replacement, and arthroscopic knee surgery. Research papers on:
- Day surgery hernias (BJS)
- DVT prophylaxis (BMJ)
- Hip fractures (Injury)
- Clavicle fractures, The subvastus approach to TKR (Journal Arthroplasty).
- British Medical Association
- British Orthopaedic Trainees Association
- A/O Alumni Association
- Medical Defence Union
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Wye Valley NHS Trust
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Nuffield Health Hereford Hospital
Insurers Mr Matthew Oakley works with
Mr Matthew Oakley works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Matthew Oakley does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Matthew Oakley does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Matthew Oakley does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.