Mr Jayaprakasan is a Royal College (RCOG) accredited
sub-specialist in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery. He has completed his
subspecialty training at Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham, where he
subsequently worked as IVF Consultant and Associate Professor for two years
before he moved to take up the lead consultant role at Derby fertility unit.
- Fertility treatment including Assisted Reproduction (IVF and ICSI)
- Reproductive Endocrinology (PCOS, Premature menopause)
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Period problems
- Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic surgeries for gynaecology and fertility problems
- 3D ultrasound for fertility and gynaecology problems
- Uterine anomalies
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Kanna Jayaprakasan at Nuffield Health
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Hormonal coil
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection
- Hysterosalpinogram (HSG)
Mr Jayaprakasan is an active researcher in the field of fertility and advanced pelvic ultrasound. He was awarded his PhD by the University of Nottingham in 2009 for his work on “3D ultrasound assessment of ovarian reserve in woman undergoing IVF treatment”. He has widely published in leading fertility and ultrasound journals and has gained international reputation for his work on ovarian reserve testing and standardisation of ovarian reserve assessment. He has also edited and authored a few fertility and ultrasound text books. He has regularly been invited as a faculty to talk on fertility and ultrasound topics for various national and international scientific meetings. He has ongoing commitments in various clinical trials of different interventions in improving fertility treatment outcome.
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG)
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE)
- British Fertility Society (BFS)
- British Menopause Society (MPS)
- British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
Other post held
- Consultant Gynaecologist and Fertility (Unit Lead), Royal Derby Hospital
- Honorary Associate Professor, University of Nottingham
- IVF Consultant, CARE Fertility, Nottingham
Mr Kanna Jayaprakasan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Kanna Jayaprakasan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Kanna Jayaprakasan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.