- Specialities Gynaecology
- Telephone 03007 906190
- Year of first qualification 1994
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil
- GMC Number 5204725
- Fax 01332 540107
Mr Jayaprakasan is a Royal College (RCOG) accredited sub-specialist in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery. He has completed his subspecialty training at NURTURE, Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham, where he subsequently worked as IVF Consultant and Associate Professor for two years before he moved to take up the lead consultant role at Derby fertility unit.
Mr Jayaprakasan's special interests include Assisted Conception (IVF/ICSI), Reproductive surgeries (Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy), recurrent pregnancy loss, recurrent implantation failure, PCOS and endometriosis. Mr Jayaprakasan is an expert in the application of advanced pelvic ultrasound in the field of fertility, in which he has done his PhD.
- Weekly Friday 09:00 - 12:00
- Consultant Gynaecologist and Fertility (Unit Lead), Royal Derby Hospital
- Honorary Associate Professor, University of Nottingham
- Female and male subfertility
- Assisted Reproduction Techniques (IUI, IVF and ICSI)
- Reproductive Endocrinology (PCOS, Premature Ovarian Dysfunction)
- Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic surgeries for fertility and gynaecology problems
- Advanced Pelvic Ultrasound
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology
- British Fertility Society
- International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Mr Jayaprakasan is an active researcher in the field of fertility and advanced pelvic ultrasound. He was awarded PhD by the University of Nottingham in 2009 for his work on "3D ultrasound assessment of ovarian reserve in women undergoing IVF treatment." He has widely published in leading fertility and ultrasound journals and has gained international reputation for his work on ovarian reserve testing and standardisation of antral follicle count (AFC) assessment. He has regularly been invited as a faculty to talk on ovarian reserve and application of 3D and advanced ultrasound in infertility for various national and international scientific meetings. His current research includes interventions to improve fertility treatment success and he is currently leading a randomised controlled trial using DHEA to improve ovarian response and success during IVF in women having low ovarian reserve.
Mr Kanna Jayaprakasan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Kanna Jayaprakasan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Kanna Jayaprakasan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.