- Specialities Orthopaedics, Joint replacement, Musculoskeletal
- Telephone 01242 246526
- Year of first qualification 1981
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 2724599
- Fax 01242 246501
Mr Mackinnon specialises in Knee Arthroscopy, Hip Replacement and Revision and Knee Replacement and Revision.
Since starting his Orthopaedic training in 1986, Mr Mackinnon has concentrated and built up an expertise in joint replacement and revision surgery.
Mr Mackinnon gained an AO fellowship to Basel which was useful in seeing the Continental perspective.
Mr Mackinnon does approximately 100 knee replacements, 120 hip replacements and 60 revisions a year and approx 100 arthroscopies of the knee.
Mr Mackinnon has retired from the Trust after 26 years in post, but continues to offer services at Nuffield Health.
- Basic training Oxford 1975 -1981
- SHO posts in Oxford and Gloucester 1981 - 1984
- Bristol Orthopaedic Rotation 1984-1991
- Edward Lillie Fellowship, Bristol: Bone cement bonding in an animal model 1990
- Orthopaedic Fellowship, Basel 1991
Mr Mackinnon specialises in the following treatments in Cheltenham:
- Weekly Wednesday PM
- Weekly Friday PM by arrangement
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Cheltenham General Hospital
Joint replacement, new joint technologies, health economics.
Family, English transfer ware, classic cars and gardening.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Orthopaedic Research Society
DeclarationMr John Mackinnon works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
Mr John Mackinnon does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr John Mackinnon does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr John Mackinnon does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.