Mr Harvey qualified from St Georges Hospital Medical School London in 1992
He undertook post graduate orthopaedic training in the Wessex region where he developed his interest in spinal surgery.
Mr Harvey completed a specialist spinal fellowship in Brisbane Australia 2003 to 2004. On his return to the UK he worked as a Consultant Spine surgeon at Frenchay Hospital Bristol prior to be appointed as a Consultant at Queen Alexandra Portsmouth where he was the lead surgeon for spinal services. In 2018 he joined the New Wessex Spinal Unit at Southampton University Hospital.
Mr Harvey provides spinal care for adult patients. His aim is to avoid invasive treatment and surgery where possible.
His areas of clinical interests include:
- Back pain and leg pain
- Neck pain and arm pain
- Cervical surgery
- Cervical disc replacement surgery
- Lumbar disc prolapses
- Cervical disc prolapses
Mr Harvey is invited to teach internationally on subjects related to spine care and is active in spine research.
Mr Harvey specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Chichester and Wessex Hospitals
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Jason Harvey at Nuffield Health
- Lumbar discectomy
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- Image guided joint injections
- Facet joint injections
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Dorsal root ganglion block
- Variability in cobb angle measurements using reformatted computerized tomography scans
- Regional orthopaedic courses rationale and practice
- Preventing methicillin resitant staphylococcus aureus infection in joint replacements a new problem requiring old solutions
- Management of paediatric spinal fractures
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- British Cervical Spine Society
- Medical Defence Union
Other post held
- Queen Alexandra Hospital
- Nuffield Health Hospital Chichester
- Southampton General Hospital
Insurers Mr Jason Harvey works with
Mr Jason Harvey works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Jason Harvey does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Jason Harvey does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Jason Harvey does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.