Hand and Wrist specialist who treats purely hand and wrist conditions, whether surgery is required or not. Graduate from St Thomas's Hospital, London in 1989 and specialist orthopaedic training in Cambridge and Hand Fellowship training in Oxford.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- de Quervain's Disease
- Dupuytren's disease
- Ganglion cysts in the wrist, hand and fingers
- Glomus tumours
- Hand and wrist arthritis
- Hand and wrist injuries
- Hand and wrist pain and stiffness
- Hand, arm, wrist and finger lumps, swellings and cysts
- Nerve problems in the arm and hand
- Thumb base arthritis
- Tingly fingers
- Trigger finger and thumb
Treatments & Tests
All aspects of hand & wrist problems in addition to those below:
- Aspiration & excision of ganglion cysts in wrist, hands & fingers
- Carpel tunnel injections & surgery
- de Quervain's Disease injections & surgery
- Dupuytren's surgery
- Glomus tumour excision
- Hand & wrist joint surgery
- Removal of lumps, swelling & cysts from arm, fingers, hand & wrist
- Surgery for thumb arthritis
- Trigger finger & thumb injections & surgery
- Ulnar nerve decompression
NHS consultant at Addenbooke's Hospital since 2005.
All other conditions affecting
the wrist, hand, fingers and thumbs.
Family, arts, travel and skiing, including amateur
MSc by Research degree
from University of Oxford.
Carpal tunnel syndrome and scaphoid fracture research.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England (Fellow)
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Medical Protection Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Hand Surgeon, Addenbrookes NHS Trust Hospital Cambridge
Insurers Mr James Hopkinson-Woolley works with
Mr James Hopkinson-Woolley works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr James Hopkinson-Woolley does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr James Hopkinson-Woolley does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr James Hopkinson-Woolley does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.