Emad Shenouda graduated from medical school in 1991 and completed specialist Neurosurgical training in Bristol. He subsequently undertook Neurosurgical fellowships in spinal surgery and skull base surgery in Bristol and Manchester before starting at Southampton as a Consultant in 2006.
Mr Shenouda’s accredited spinal fellowship training in the orthopaedic spinal unit in Bristol gave him a unique opportunity into the understanding of spinal pathology from both an Orthopaedic and Neurosurgical perspective.
specialist interests are in spinal surgery and skull base surgery. He has a
vast experience in the surgical and non-surgical management of a wide range of
routine and complex spinal conditions including neck and back pain, cervical
and lumbar disc herniation, lumbar spinal stenosis, and cervical spine
degenerative diseases. He performs over 250 spinal operations annually, ranging
from minimal access procedures for typically common lumbar and cervical spine
disc conditions to advanced procedures for spinal trauma and tumours. He also
has vast experience in motion preservation surgery of the cervical and lumbar
spine and surgery of the cranio-cervical junction.
Mr. Shenouda is the chairman of the skull base MDT. He works closely with ENT, Maxillofacial surgeons and Oncologists. He treats all varieties of skull base pathologies and has particular interest in endoscopic-assisted skull base surgery.
Mr. Shenouda is the lead for the academic program for Neurosciences and the Specialist Registrar’s teaching program. He is an FRCS Neurosurgery examiner and a member of the Specialty Advisory Committee for Neurosurgery. He is a faculty member of a number of national training courses. He has a number of publications in spine and skull base surgery.
- Cervical and lumbar degenerative spinal conditions
- Cervical & Lumbar disc prolapse
- Cervical disc replacement surgery
- Neck pain & Arm pain
- Back pain & Sciatica
- Spinal tumours
- Spondylolithesis and lumbar canal stenosis
- Vertebral Cement Augmentation for osteoporosis and spinal tumours
- General Medical Council - GMC
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow
- Premium Medical Protection - PMP
- British Medical Association - BMA
- Society of British Neurological Surgeons - SBNS
- British Skull Base Society - BSBS
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons - BASS
- AO Spine
- Spine Arthroplasty Society - SAS
- North American Spine Society - NASS
- European Association of Neurological Surgeons - EANS
- Congress of American Neurosurgeons - CNS
- European Spine Society - Eurospine
- British Cervical Spine Research Society - BCSRS
Other posts held
- Wessex Neurological Centre
- Southampton University Hospitals
Insurers Mr Emad Shenouda works with
Mr Emad Shenouda works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- Cigna International
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Healix Healthcare
- Healthcare RM
- Standard Life
- The Exeter Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Emad Shenouda does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Emad Shenouda does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Emad Shenouda does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.