Mr Bedansh Roy Chaudhary
MBBS(Gold Medals), , MRCS(London), M.Sc.(Imperial), FRCS(Neurosurgery)
GMC number: 6036173
Practicing since: 2001
- Monday & Friday - flexible appointment times
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday - 18:00 - 20:00
- Saturday & Sunday on request
Or call us on
Mr Chaudhary is one of the highest rated Neurosurgeons / Spine Surgeons in the UK* particularly for Keyhole disc prolapses, spinal stenosis and neck spinal surgery.
He is a spinal surgeon in Oxford at the Manor Hospital having received gold medals, multiple scholarships and awards for his research on spinal and neurosurgical conditions.
During his 22 years of medical training, Mr Chaudhary trained in many of the world’s top academic institutions including Oxford University, Cambridge University, Imperial College and University of Toronto.
Mr Chaudhary has now super-specialised purely in the treatment of spinal conditions including myelopathy, spinal cord tumours etc. with minimally invasive (keyhole) tubular spine surgery and day case surgery. This follows his many years of research, training and peer-reviewed international presentations and publications focused on spinal surgery.
His Awards include:
- BASS/BSS Presidents Fellowship award
- Codman Neurosurgical Travelling Fellowship
- UK HCA Foundation International Travelling Fellowship award
- Royal College of Surgeons of England Harry Morton Research Fellowship award
- EOE Deanery bursaries for Masters in Medical Education
- 1st Prize, Presentation (poster), Society of British NeuroSurgeons - Nottingham
- Pfizer Medallion in Medicine and Scroll of Honour - MBBS
- VNS Memorial Gold Medal award
- KKS Memorial Gold Medal
* August 2017 - UK’s leading website for ratings and reviews of healthcare
PA email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Cervical Spine Surgery, Cervical Myelopathy, Cervical Disc Replacement, Spinal Cord Tumours and Spinal Tumours such as Schwannomas and Meningiomas, Spinal Decompression, Minimally Invasive Tubular Microscopic Day-Case Spine Surgery.
Having purely specialised in Spinal Surgery Mr Chaudhary has specialist interests and expertise in Keyhole or tubular Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) aka Minimal Access Spine Surgery (MASS), surgery for disc prolapse or protrusion, spinal stenosis; spinal fusion; cervical spondylotic myelopathy (CSM); cervical spondylosis; spine infections;OPLL, spinal cord injury and spinal cord tumours such as astrocytomas, ependymomas, medulloblastomas and schwannomas as well as other intradural pathologies such as Syringomyelia, Chiari Malformations, Arachnoid Cysts, Thoracic cord hernia etc.
Mr Chaudhary describes himself as an Apple aficionado (not only of the products but the design principles, philosophy and ethos that the brand and Steve Jobs represented) and an avid amateur runner with a number of half marathons and marathon completed in the last few years. He is currently raising money for Refugee Action by running 10 half marathons. His love of running stems from his respect for its synergy with life perhaps best represented by the phrase 'Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it'. Some of the remainder of his time is also spend fundraising for Refuge Action.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Bedansh Roy Chaudhary at Nuffield Health
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Lumbar discectomy
- X-Ray Guided Facet Joint Injection
- Nerve surgery
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Spinal fusion surgery
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Cervical Disc Replacement
Locations Mr Bedansh Roy Chaudhary works with
Mr Chaudhary’s clinical research interest in cervical degenerative disease collaborating with Myelopathy.org (a organisation affiliated with the University of Cambridge) a world leading resource and effort to bring together patients suffering from cervical myelopathy to promote understanding and awareness of the disease. The effort also aims to support patients, carers and professionals and ultimately find a cure for cervical myelopathy.
- North American Spine Society
- British Association of Spine Surgeons
- Society of British Neurological Surgeons
- AO Spine North America
Other posts held
- Spine Surgeon and Neurosurgeon, Oxford University Hospitals, Oxford, UK
Insurers Mr Bedansh Roy Chaudhary works with
Mr Bedansh Roy Chaudhary works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Bedansh Roy Chaudhary does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Bedansh Roy Chaudhary does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Bedansh Roy Chaudhary does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.