Mr Iyer did his Higher Surgical Training in the Newcastle rotation where he obtained a certificate of completion of speciality training in ear, nose and throat surgery in 2005. In the final year of his training, he did a Otology/neurotology fellowship at Auckland City Hospital and Starship Childrens Hospital, in New Zealand. He has gained wide experience in the management of adult and children's ear disease, in addition to the management of general ENT conditions.
Mr Iyer currently teaches at various courses, including the Temporal bone course at Glasgow, ENT update course at Aberdeen and is involved in training junior doctors. He is also an examiner for the MB ChB (Uni Glasgow) and MRCS (ENT) examination conducted by the Royal college of Surgeons.
Mr Iyer has a clinical interest in:
- Ear surgery both in children and adults.
- Management of dizziness and tinnitus.
- Endoscopic sinus surgery.
- General adult ear, nose and throat conditions.
- General childhood conditions: for examples tonsillitis, adenoiditis, snoring, hearing loss, glue ear, and “prominent” ear correction.
In his spare time Mr Iyer enjoys travelling, photography and listening to classical music.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Arunachalam Iyer at Nuffield Health
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Larynx diagnostic endoscopy (or laryngoscopy)
- Grommet insertion
During his and after his training Mr Iyer has completed research in various aspects of ENT, presenting papers in local, national and international conferences. He has several publications in international journals and one of the key areas of his interest has been quality of life in Otolaryngology.
- Scottish Otolaryngology Society
- British Society of Otology
- Otolaryngological Research Society
Other posts held
- Consultant ENT Surgeon, Monklands Hospital, Lanarkshire
Insurers Mr Arunachalam Iyer works with
Mr Arunachalam Iyer works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Arunachalam Iyer does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Arunachalam Iyer does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Arunachalam Iyer does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.