Mr Pittathankal is a specialist breast oncoplastic surgeon dealing with breast problems and breast cancer including breast reconstruction. He is the lead surgeon and clinical lead for Breast Services at Queen’s Hospital, Romford and King George Hospital, Goodmayes, and is the surgical lead for breast cancer for “London Cancer”, the network organisation that oversees cancer services for over 3 million people in North, North East London and West Essex. He has a keen interest in breast care and has appeared on TV and community health programmes to promote breast cancer awareness and breast health.
Mr Pittathankal trained within the London Deanery for higher surgical training. His Endocrine Surgery training was at Hammersmith Hospital, an eminent centre in the UK for Endocrine Surgery.
He underwent training within the prestigious UK National Breast Oncoplastic Fellowship programme and has also qualified in the European Board of Surgery Breast Surgery sub-speciality.
Mr Pittathankal specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital:
- Weekly Tuesday 18:30 - 19:30
- Weekly Friday 09:30 - 12:00
- Consultant General Surgeon, Endocrine and Oncoplastic Surgeon, King George Hospital (Ilford)
- Consultant General Surgeon, Endocrine and Oncoplastic Surgeon, Queens Hospital (Romford)
- Lead Surgeon and Clinical Lead for Breast Services at Queens Hospital, Romford, King George Hospital, Goodmayes and Elm Breast Centre at King George Hospital, Goodmayes
- General Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery
- Breast Onco-plastic Surgery including breast implants, breast lipofilling, nipple reconstruction and nipple tattooing and breast reconstruction
- Adrenal surgery
- Breast cancer
- Breast problems
- Breast augmentation and reduction
- Laparoscopic hernia and gallbladder surgery
Avid DIY enthusiast.
- British Association of Surgical Oncology
- Association of Breast Surgery
- British Medical Association
- Royal College of Surgeons
Mr Pittathankal has numerous publications in general and breast surgery. He trains surgeons in Breast and Endocrine surgery, including breast reconstruction.