Mr Pittathankal is a specialist breast oncoplastic surgeon dealing with breast problems and breast cancer including breast reconstruction. He is the lead surgeon and clinical lead for Breast Services at Queen’s Hospital, Romford and King George Hospital, Goodmayes, and is the surgical lead for breast cancer for “London Cancer”, the network organisation that oversees cancer services for over 3 million people in North, North East London and West Essex. He has a keen interest in breast care and has appeared on TV and community health programmes to promote breast cancer awareness and breast health.
Mr Pittathankal trained within the London Deanery for higher surgical training. His Endocrine Surgery training was at Hammersmith Hospital, an eminent centre in the UK for Endocrine Surgery.
He underwent training within the prestigious UK National Breast Oncoplastic Fellowship programme and has also qualified in the European Board of Surgery Breast Surgery sub-speciality.
Mr Pittathankal specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital:
- General Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery
- Breast Onco-plastic Surgery including breast implants, breast lipofilling, nipple reconstruction and nipple tattooing and breast reconstruction
- Adrenal surgery
- Breast cancer
- Breast problems
- Breast augmentation and reduction
- Laparoscopic hernia and gallbladder surgery
Avid DIY enthusiast.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Antony (Abraham) Pittathankal at Nuffield Health
- Hernia repair surgery
- Breast reconstruction
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Thyroid surgery
- Mastectomy (breast removal)
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Breast screening (Mammogram)
Mr Pittathankal has numerous publications in general and breast surgery. He trains surgeons in Breast and Endocrine surgery, including breast reconstruction.
- British Association of Surgical Oncology
- Association of Breast Surgery
- British Medical Association
- Royal College of Surgeons
Other post held
- Consultant General Surgeon, Endocrine and Oncoplastic Surgeon, King George Hospital (Ilford)
- Consultant General Surgeon, Endocrine and Oncoplastic Surgeon, Queens Hospital (Romford)
- Lead Surgeon and Clinical Lead for Breast Services at Queens Hospital, Romford, King George Hospital, Goodmayes and Elm Breast Centre at King George Hospital, Goodmayes
Mr Antony (Abraham) Pittathankal does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Antony (Abraham) Pittathankal does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Antony (Abraham) Pittathankal does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.