- Specialities Ophthalmology
- Telephone 01273 627 007 (Brighton appointments) or 07733462396 (Medical Secretary)
- Year of first qualification 2002
- Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 6051363
- Website http://www.andrelitwin.com
- Fax 01273 627003
Mr Litwin is a full-time Consultant Ophthalmologist with over 10 years of experience. His specialist interests are Cataract Surgery, Oculoplastic, Lacrimal and Orbital disorders. This is reflected in his NHS post at Queen Victoria Hospital Foundation Trust, a tertiary referral centre for complex Oculoplastic care. He operates on over 500 patients per year, which he believes is important when choosing a surgeon, as you should ensure they are regularly performing the treatments they recommend.
Mr Litwin graduated from the University of Southampton and trained in Ophthalmology in the UK. His first surgical training posts were in London, before completing higher specialist training at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He undertook two Fellowships in Oculoplastic, Orbital and Lacrimal disease before becoming a Consultant in 2013.
Mr Litwin prides himself on taking the time to listen to your needs and will always outline all available treatment options. He will allow you the time to ask questions in order to come to an informed decision and will never recommend a treatment he does not believe to be in your best interests. His reputation means he is valued for his straightforward explanations, professionalism and surgical outcomes.
Mr Litwin specialises in the following treatments:
- Weekly Monday 17:30-20:00
- Weekly Tuesday 17:30-20:00
- Weekly Friday 17:30-20:00
- Consultant Ophthalmic and Oculoplastic Surgeon, Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Fellow Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- British Oculoplastic Surgery Society
- European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Mr Litwin has written several book chapters on Oculoplastic Surgery, including the correction of droopy eyelids (ptosis correction), filler usage around the eyes and tear duct surgery for watery eyes. He has around 20 peer-reviewed publications and has lectured nationally on his specialist interests. He acts as a reviewer for several Journals, including the British Journal of Ophthalmology and Orbit.
For a current list of his work, please see www.andrelitwin.com/publications
DeclarationMr Andre Litwin works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Exeter Family Friendly
Mr Andre Litwin does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Andre Litwin does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Andre Litwin does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.