Mr Talaat started his medical training in 1993 whilst based in Egypt, but it was upon his arrival to London that he started his specialist training. His training took place at the prestigious institutes of St Bartholomew's and the Royal London Hospital, allowing him to work with some of the most respected professors in the field of gynaecology and gynaecological cancer surgery. Mr Talaat became a research fellow in the Ovarian Cancer Research unit in 1996. His research focused on screening and early detection of Gynaecological cancer and was published in respected National and International Journals. He also participated in the UKCTOCS research trial into ovarian cancer screening, the largest screening programme of its type in the world.
He successfully obtained his dual CCT GMC accreditation in 2011 following a structured training in general Obstetrics and Gynaecology since 1996 in London, Newcastle, Portsmouth and Southampton hospitals.
Now practising as a Consultant Gynaecologist and Gynaecological Cancer Surgeon at the University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust since 2012, he holds several key departmental positions reflecting his commitment to forming and shaping best practice in the hospital environment.
Mr Talaat specialises in:
Investigations and treatment of heavy periods and abnormal vaginal bleeding
Investigations and treatment of abdominal and pelvic pains
Abnormal cervix and smears
Care for women with menopausal symptoms
Colposcopy and vulvoscopy
Vulval and vaginal skin diseases, including warts
Gynaecological cancer surgery including "Key-hole Surgery"
Early detection and screening of gynaecological pre-cancerous conditions and cancer
Oncology and gynaecological cancer follow ups.
- Every Thursday evening or by earlier arrangement
- Consultant Gynaecologist, Gynaecological Oncologist and Colposcopist at Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- General benign and cancerous gynaeological problems
- Heavy periods and menstrual disorders
- Screening, early detection and treatment of gynaecological pre-cancerous and cancer conditions
- Colposcopy and early detection and treatment of cervical cancer
- Vulval and vaginal skin disorders
- Management of women with abnormal bleeding
- Care for women with personal or family history of gynaecological or breast cancer
- Gynaecological cancer surgery
Mr Talaat has a love of music (Paul Mauriat, Andre Rieu and Celine Dion) and plays snooker and table tennis.
- The Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
- British Society of Colposcopy & Cervical Pathology
- British Society of Gynaecological Cancer
DeclarationMr Ahmed Talaat works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Mr Ahmed Talaat does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ahmed Talaat does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ahmed Talaat does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.