Dr Sonal Singh completed her graduation in 1996 and then did her postgraduation in Dermatology and Venereology in 2002.While doing her postgraduation she completed a thesis on Urticaria. She gained a rich and varied experience in the field by working at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences until 2003.
Her career in the UK began in 2003 and she worked in Dermatology and Genito-Urinary Medicine at busy hospitals like University College London Hospital and Barnet General Hospital. While in the UK, she also trained as a GP in Hereford and was awarded MRCGP, Diploma in Geriatric Medicine and DFRSH which made her training well rounded and diverse.
From 2006 onwards she worked as a Dermatologist in various hospitals in West Midlands and achieved the Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration in Dermatology.
She has worked as a Consultant Dermatologist in Hereford, Worcester, and Bromsgrove since 2010 and currently mainly does private work. She still works in close association with Worcestershire Hospital and regularly attends Multidisciplinary meetings with the hospital consultants. She also works as a consultant at Yeovil Hospital.
She also has interest in Aesthetic Dermatology and still does some Primary care related work. This makes her approach to her patients very holistic.
She has presented papers in National Conferences as well as has publications in peer reviewed journal. She also takes out time to peer review publications for Dermatology Journals and gives expert opinion in complaints and legal reports related to Dermatological Practice.
- Inflammatory Dermatoses (rashes, eczema, psoriasis)
- Skin cancer (melanoma and nonmelanoma)
- Benign skin growths
- Acne and Rosacea
- Skin surgery
- Pigmentary disorders
- Vulval dermatology
- Aesthetic dermatology.
English, Hindi, Punjabi
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Sonal Singh at Nuffield Health
- Skin surgery
- Mole removal
- Skin pigmentation
- Skin rejuvenation
- Excision of skin lesion
ORAL PAPER PRESENTATIONS
2018-July Maria Charalambides, Sonal Singh (Oral Presentation). Use of Dermatology apps - a cause for concern or the future of healthcare provision? in the BAD Annual conference in Edinburgh (2018).
2011-Oct Bullous Pemphigoid- Presentation on GP study day at Hereford
2008-Jul Red Man Syndrome – A Case Report to the Hereford shire Medical Society in Junior Staff Prize competition
2001-Feb Jindal S. Pityriasis Lichenoides Chronica - A Case Report to the 29th National Conference Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists & Leprologists (India).
2000-Jan Jindal S. Peeling Skin Syndrome - A Case Report (Poster) to the 28th National conference of Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists – (India).
1999-Jan Jindal S. Histopathological study of 500 cases of seborrhoeic keratosis & its Variants to the 27th National conference of Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists (India).
4. M Ramam, Radhakrishna Bhat, Sonal Jindal, Uttam Kumar, Vinod K Sharma Patient-reported multiple drug reactions: Clinical profile and results of challenge testing Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprology; 2010; 76, (No 4)p. 382-386.
5. Mittal RR, Jindal S. The sign of Leser Trelat. Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology 2001; 67( No.4): 177
6. Mittal RR, Jindal S. Peripheral T lymphocyte counts in Seborrhoeic Keratosis. Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology. 2001; 67 (No. 3): 128.
7. Mittal RR, Jindal S. Acute Contact Urticaria to Rice. Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology. 2000; 66(No.2): 108.
- British Association of dermatologists
- British Hair and Nail Society
Other posts held
- Consultant dermatologist (locum) at Yeovil Hospital (from 2019 to 2021)
Insurers Dr Sonal Singh works with
Dr Sonal Singh works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- Healix Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Sonal Singh does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Sonal Singh does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Sonal Singh does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.