Dr Seth is a Consultant Rheumatologist at University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust. She has a clinical interest in the diagnosis and management of inflammatory arthritis including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis. She also has an interest in the treatment of osteoarthritis, crystal arthritis (including gout), osteoporosis and autoimmune connective tissue diseases such as lupus.
She trained at University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust and completed an MSc in musculoskeletal ultrasound to support her interest in the use of ultrasound in the management of early inflammatory arthritis.
She is actively involved in research into new therapies including biological therapies for the treatment of inflammatory arthritis.
The rheumatology department at UHS has won a number of awards including the EULAR centre of excellence award in 2015.
The diagnosis and management of:
- Inflammatory arthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis
- Crystal arthritis, including gout
- Autoimmune connective tissue diseases such as lupus
- Musculoskeletal intra-articular and soft tissue injections
Tennis and watersports
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Rakhi Seth at Nuffield Health
- Blood test
- Haematology profiles
- Osteoporosis screen
- Rheumatology profiles
- Drug and medication monitoring
- Travel Screening
- Fatigue screen
- Vitamin screen
- Core biochemistry screens
- Cardiovascular risk profile
- Endocrine investigations
- Gluten sensitivity screening
- Dementia and delirium screening
- Royal College of Physicians
- Medical Protection Society
- British Medical Association
- British Society of Rheumatology
Other post held
- Rheumatology Department, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Dr Rakhi Seth works with
Dr Rakhi Seth works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Dr Rakhi Seth does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Rakhi Seth does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Rakhi Seth does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.