Dr Nigel R A Clarke
BM BCh (oxon), MA, BSE, BHRS, FRCP
GMC number: 3324811
Practicing since: 1989
General (internal) Medicine, Cardiology
- Monday evening
- Wednesday afternoon / evening
- Clinically urgent appointments by individual appointment
Or call us on
Dr Nigel Clarke qualified from Oxford in1989, beginning his medical degree (BM BCh) at St Catherine’s College in 1983. In 1986 he was awarded a II.I in Physiological Sciences. Although technically an academic his passion is clinical medicine – diagnosing, caring and managing people’s heart problems.
Having obtained his MRCP in October 1992, he entered higher medical and specialist training in cardiology. He returned to clinical cardiology at Oxford 1995-2001 and was appointed as a consultant cardiologist at Warwick in 2001.
Additional training and accreditations include British Society of Echocardiography 2002 and regular reaccreditation; British Heart Rhythm Society 2012 in cardiac devices -specialised pacemakers for heart failure and treating cardiac arrest.
- Atrial fibrillation and other rhythm disturbances / syncope
- Echocardiography - Heart failure and valve disease
- Standard pacemakers and complex devices
General fitness, cycling, skiing, cultural holidays and city breaks.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Nigel R A Clarke at Nuffield Health
- Assessment of all Aspects of Cardiology
Locations Dr Nigel R A Clarke works with
While at the John Radcliffe Hospital Oxford Dr Clarke undertook research projects, including:
A. Assessing ability of standard echocardiography vs trans-oesophageal echocardiography to detect patent foramen ovale, one of the risk factors for young strokeB. Undertook s longitudinal study confirming the relationship between clinical severity of myotonic dystrophy and ECG abnormalities
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- British Society of Echocardiography
- British Society of Heart Failure
- The British Cardiac Society
- British Heart Rhythm Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Cardiologist Warwick Hospital. Lead Cardiologist for cardiac devices (complex pacemakers for heart failure and defibrillators)
Insurers Dr Nigel R A Clarke works with
Dr Nigel R A Clarke works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Nigel R A Clarke does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Nigel R A Clarke does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Nigel R A Clarke does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.