Dr Nigel Clarke qualified from Oxford in1989, beginning his medical degree (BM BCh) at St Catherine’s College in 1983. In 1986 he was awarded a II.I in Physiological Sciences. Although technically an academic his passion is clinical medicine – diagnosing, caring and managing people’s heart problems.
Having obtained his MRCP in October 1992, he entered higher medical and specialist training in cardiology. He returned to clinical cardiology at Oxford 1995-2001 and was appointed as a consultant cardiologist at Warwick in 2001.
Additional training and accreditations include British Society of Echocardiography 2002 and regular reaccreditation; British Heart Rhythm Society 2012 in cardiac devices -specialised pacemakers for heart failure and treating cardiac arrest.
- Atrial fibrillation and other rhythm disturbances / syncope
- Echocardiography - Heart failure and valve disease
- Standard pacemakers and complex devices
General fitness, cycling, skiing, cultural holidays and city breaks.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Nigel R A Clarke at Nuffield Health
- Assessment of all Aspects of Cardiology
While at the John Radcliffe Hospital Oxford Dr Clarke undertook research projects, including:
A. Assessing ability of standard echocardiography vs trans-oesophageal echocardiography to detect patent foramen ovale, one of the risk factors for young strokeB. Undertook s longitudinal study confirming the relationship between clinical severity of myotonic dystrophy and ECG abnormalities
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- British Society of Echocardiography
- British Society of Heart Failure
- The British Cardiac Society
- British Heart Rhythm Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Cardiologist Warwick Hospital. Lead Cardiologist for cardiac devices (complex pacemakers for heart failure and defibrillators)
Insurers Dr Nigel R A Clarke works with
Dr Nigel R A Clarke works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- AXA Health
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Nigel R A Clarke does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Nigel R A Clarke does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Nigel R A Clarke does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.