- Specialities Haematology, Haematology, Oncology, Chemical Pathology
- Telephone 01444 476 732 (Haywards Heath enquiries) 01273 627 007 (Brighton enquiries) 01323 337 777 (Medical secretary)
- Year of first qualification 2004
- Email email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com (Medical secretary)
- GMC Number 6102807
- Website http://www.bloodspecialist.co.uk/
- Fax 01273 627003 (Brighton) 01444 476 778 (Haywards Heath) 01323 400 174 (Medical Secretary)
Dr Joel Newman is a specialist in the study of blood - a Consultant Haematologist. He trained at Guy's and St.Thomas' Hospitals, and has worked throughout the South East of England, including specialist training in Haematology at King's College Hospital.
Professionally, he is a member of the Royal College of Physicians and a Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists. He is an author of several textbook sections on Haematology, and Deputy Editor for the Journal of Medical Case Reports, an international medical journal.
He is a Specialist Advisor to the Care Quality Commission, and has been involved in the Education and Training of new Haematologists via the London Deanery and the Royal College of Pathologists. He is Chair of the Sussex Division of the British Medical Association.
He founded and is Editor of the Haem Trainee magazine across the UK. He is a substantive Consultant Haematologist at East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust and Clinical Lead for Pathology, based at Eastbourne District General Hospital.
- Every Wednesday
- Other Appointments by Request
- Consultant Haematologist and Clinical Lead for Pathology at East Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust, based at Eastbourne District General Hospital
Haematology, blood disorders, abnormal blood test results and treatment of blood cancers with chemotherapy.
Areas of specialism for Dr Newman include the diagnosis and management of anaemia, and the investigation and care of patients with myeloproliferative disorders (including myelofibrosis), myelodysplastic syndromes, leukaemias, lymphoma and myeloma, as well as other blood disorders.
Dr Newman can arrange for blood transfusions and iron infusions where needed, and provides chemotherapy for those who have blood cancers.
Dr Newman is married with three children, and enjoys spending time with his family, listening to music, and information technology.
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal College of Pathologists
- British Medical Association
- Royal Society of Medicine
DeclarationDr Joel Newman works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
- CS Healthcare
Dr Joel Newman does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Joel Newman does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Joel Newman does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.