Dr Evans graduated from Newcastle University, and then went on to train in Newcastle, Nottingham, Derby, Plymouth and Durban. He has been a Consultant Anaesthetist since 1994 at Newcastle General Hospital, and now works for the Royal Victoria Infirmary. From 2003 to 2008 he was the Clinical Director.
He specialises in all aspects of neuroanaesthesia, including paediatric neuroanaesthesia and anaesthesia for paediatric and trauma surgery.
- Advanced Trauma Instructor.
- Trust Appraiser
- General / Local Adult and Paediatric Anaesthesia for general
- Maxillofacial and
- Passionate about patient safety, improving the patient pathway, experience and analgesia.
- Local Reporter for National Anaesthesia Projects 3,4 and 5 and for the forthcoming NAP study.
Work, family, sport, holidays, travelling, skiing, walking and in particular, the Lake District.
English, French, German
- Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
- Intensive Care Society
- British Medical Association
- Neuroanaesthesia and Critical Care Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- North of England Society of Anaesthetists
- Medical Defense Union
Other post held
- Consultant Anaesthetist, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Insurers Dr Jeremy Evans works with
Dr Jeremy Evans works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Jeremy Evans does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Jeremy Evans does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Jeremy Evans does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.