Dr Haytham Al-Rawi
BMedSci (Hons), MBBS, MRCP, FRCP
GMC number: 6077270
Practicing since: 2002
- Shrewsbury Bi-weekly Thursdays 14:00-19:00
- Shrewsbury Bi-weekly Saturdays 08:30-16:00
- Wolverhampton Tuesdays 08:30-13:00
- Wolverhampton Thursdays 08:30-13:00
Or call us on
Dr Al-Rawi obtained his medical degree from St Bartholomew’s and the Royal London Medical School, where he was awarded the Treasurer’s Prize for the best performance in his intercalated BMedSci degree where he achieved First Class Honours.
His general dermatology training was at the RVI in Newcastle. He undertook a fellowship to specialise in Mohs Micrographic Surgery, dermatological surgery and lasers at Queen’s Medical Centre Nottingham. He worked as a consultant dermatologist and dermatological surgeon at the world renowned St John’s Institute of Dermatology at St Thomas’ Hospital in London.
He is the skin cancer multi-disciplinary team lead for the HEFT trust. He is a member of the West Midlands Skin Cancer Expert Advisory Group. His experience encompasses all aspects of general dermatology and skin/ Mohs surgery. Mohs Surgery is a highly specialised form of skin cancer surgery with the highest success rates.
He was selected for travel fellowships and has attended and presented at several meetings across Europe and the USA.
He is involved in teaching both undergraduate and postgraduate students, having regularly been selected to be a member of the teaching faculty at the national dermatology skin surgery annual course run by the British Society for Dermatological Surgery (BSDS).
- Skin rashes (eczema, psoriasis, acne)
- Moles & skin lesions
- Skin cancer
- Skin Surgery
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Spending time with his young family. Travel, history and philately.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Haytham Al-Rawi at Nuffield Health
- Skin surgery
- Mole removal
- Skin pigmentation
- Dermatological surgery
- Facial surgery
- Excision of skin lesion
Locations Dr Haytham Al-Rawi works with
01902 793 269
Wood Road, Tettenhall, Wolverhampton, WV6 8LE
01743 282 500
Longden Road, Shrewsbury, SY3 9DP
1) Multiple BCC within Port Wine Capillary Haemangiomas treated with Mohs Surgery. BAD, Birmingham, July 2016.
2) Sebaceous Carcinoma with neural invasion presenting with trigeminal neuralgia. BAD, Manchester 2015.
3) A simple method of harvesting split thickness skin grafts using the SG3 skin graft blade. BAD, Birmingham July 2012.
4) A single centre series of dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans cases treated by Mohs micrographic surgery. ACMS meeting, Chicago, USA, May 2012.
5) The Beaver blade: a surgical tip for the mohs surgeon. BAD, London, July 2011.
6) The bandage contact lens: a simple way to protect the cornea in periocular post Mohs defects. BAD, London, July 2011.
7) Axillary web syndrome (Mondor Disease): a rare complication from simple cutaneous surgery. BAD, London, Jul 2011.
8) Steady-state pharmacokinetics of hydroxychloroquine in patients with cutaneous lupus erythematosus. BAD, London, July 2011.
9) Successful treatment of mucous membrane pemphigoid with the combination of mycophenolate mofetil and dapsone. Medical Dermatology Society, Miami, Mar 2010. BAD, Manchester, Jul 2010.
10) Psoriasis developing in a child with Post BM transplant Lymphoproliferative disorder (PTLPD). BAD, Liverpool, July 2008.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- British Association of Dermatologists
- British Society for Dermatological Surgery
- European Academy of Dermatology& Venereology
- West Midlands Skin Cancer Expert Advisory Group
- Skin Cancer MDT Lead
Other posts held
- Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatological surgeon, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, Good Hope & Solihull Hospitals
- Skin cancer lead at Heart of England NHS Foundation
Insurers Dr Haytham Al-Rawi works with
Dr Haytham Al-Rawi works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Haytham Al-Rawi does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Haytham Al-Rawi does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Haytham Al-Rawi does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.