Glasgow Hospital Competition & Markets Authority Declaration
Hospital services provided for consultants
In accordance with the requirements of the Competition & Markets Authority Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order 2014 (the Order) the details of services offered by the hospital to our consultant partners are detailed below.
The consulting room will be made available at the rate of £25 per hour. This is irrespective of the number of patients booked in, it is charged by the length of time the room is booked
The hospital will continue to invoice you quarterly in arrears. If you wish you can provide credit/debit card details and authorise the Hospital to collect such sums via a quarterly direct debit. If you do so, you will be eligible for a 20% prompt payment discount. This will further reduce the room rate to £20 per hour.
Discounts are made available for all consulting room users, discounts can be accessed by:
- Agreeing to prompt payment terms for the settlement of invoices (-20%)
Both discounts are available to all consultants and can be combined to make a 40% discount in the aggregate.
Medical secretarial services are made available to our consultant partners at a rate of £20.00 plus VAT per hour, which represents a fair market rate. Medical secretarial services are provided on a non-discriminatory basis and on equivalent terms in accordance with the Order.
All consultants are invited to attend an Annual General Meeting (AGM). The AGM is hosted offsite and food and drinks are provided. The cost of the event is £50 per head.
To support delivery of clinical services in the hospital, the following consultants hold a paid advisory role for Nuffield Health Glasgow hospital:
- Mr Simon Gibson, Consultant General Surgeon, for paid advisory services in relation to endoscopy. The endoscopy advisor can be paid up to £100 per hour for up to 40 hours per annum.
Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital is proud to support medical professionals in their pursuit of continuing professional education. The Hospital’s Medical Society approves grants, made from Nuffield Health resources, in order to advance and ensure clinical safety through consultant attendance at relevant educational conferences and events.
Low value services provided to our Consultant partners at this hospital include:
- Discounted gym membership
- Free parking (subject to availability)
- General corporate hospitality
- General hospital marketing activity
- General services provided to ensure clinical safety
- In-house training
- Insurance or indemnity cover in respect of the treatment of national health service patients
- Mandatory training
- Mini-consultations at patient information events
- Operational services such as patient admission, administrative services and billing
- Patient notes archiving
- Stationery and printing facilities
- Subsidised meals
- Tea, coffee and other soft beverages
Further useful outcome statistics for this hospital can be seen on the Private Healthcare Information Network website at www.phin.org.uk
Nuffield - Consultant Data Processing AgreementThe Data Processing Agreement governing the processing of any personal data in connection with the provision of administrative support services and/or medical records storage by the Hospital for consultants can be accessed here.