Give us a call0131 447 2340
- The main entrance has level access. There is disabled access to side of building via ramp
- There is level access from the main entrance to:
- Main reception
- Accessible toilet
- Consulting rooms - via lift to four of the rooms
- Wards via lift
- Glass doors and full-height windows have contrast markings
- We have information available in large print on request.
- The fire alarm has flashing lights
- We have a hearing loop in the reception area and/or main patient waiting area.
If you are coming into the hospital and your first language is not English, you may need a translator to help you speak to doctors and nurses. We can provide telephone interpreting services through The Big Word. Please let us know as soon as possible if you require assistance with this.
Patients who are undergoing a surgical procedure or a diagnostic procedure will need an independent interpreter and not a family member. We can organise this on your behalf but we will need to know beforehand, please call us on 0131 447 2340.
- There are wheelchairs available to support people with mobility issues
- There is an accessible public toilet available
- We have emergency evacuation procedures for disabled visitors
- Some staff have disability awareness training
- We have dedicated spaces available in the car park for Blue Badge Holders
- We can make appointments available at quieter times for people who are anxious in crowds - on request