Professor Bourne is Head of the glaucoma specialist service at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon. He has extensive experience as an Ophthalmic Surgeon including cataract surgery and glaucoma as speciality interests.
Interests in research and community ophthalmology, in particular a community glaucoma scheme which involves optometrists and GPs.
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Rupert Bourne at Nuffield Health
- Cataract Surgery
Extensive research interests and publications principally relating to glaucoma stemming from Glaucoma specialist Fellowships at Moorfields Eye Hospital and at University of California San Diego (c/o Prof Robert Weinreb).
Detection and epidemiology of glaucoma and glaucoma progression. Launching community glaucoma scheme of optometrists and GPs to broaden reach of high quality glaucoma care. Coordinator of several national population-based surverys of eye disease.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Moorfields Eye Hospital Alumni Association
- European Glaucoma Society
- United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO)
- Medical Defence Organisation
Other post held
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- Honorary Consultant at Addenbrookes NHS Trust Hospital Cambridge
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London
Insurers Professor Rupert Bourne works with
Professor Rupert Bourne works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Professor Rupert Bourne does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Rupert Bourne does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Rupert Bourne does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.