Professor Leeson trained in Medicine in Cambridge and London before moving to Oxford for specialist Cardiology training. He undertakes General Cardiology with particular expertise in Cardiac Imaging and Cardiovascular Prevention. He leads the Oxford Specialist Hypertension Clinic and is a recognised British and Irish Hypertension Society Hypertension Specialist.
Alongside his clinical work, Professor Leeson is actively involved in development of hypertension guidelines and position statements for the European Society of Cardiology and speaks widely on how to optimise blood pressure management, particularly in young patients, those with hypertension after pregnancy or with difficult to control blood pressure.
Professor Leeson’s research has pioneered novel ways to diagnose cardiology problems using echocardiography and these innovations are now used in hospitals in the US and UK. He is actively involved in educating patients and cardiologists and has written a series of award winning textbooks with Oxford University Press, as well as providing independent advice and commentary to the media and other organisations on new cardiology developments.
Professor Leeson holds a clinic at The Manor Hospital in Oxford on a Thursday afternoon.
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Paul Leeson at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Event monitor
- Cardiovascular risk profile
- Assessment of all Aspects of Cardiology
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British and Irish Hypertension Society
- European Society of Cardiology (Fellow)
- Royal College of Physicians (Fellow)
Other post held
- Clinical Lead, Oxford Specialist Hypertension Clinic, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford
- Consultant Cardiologist, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford
- Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Oxford
Insurers Professor Paul Leeson works with
Professor Paul Leeson works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Professor Paul Leeson does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Paul Leeson does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Paul Leeson does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.