Professor Arden trained at St Thomas 's Hospital, London, where he also completed four years research into the genetics of osteoporosis and gained an MSc and MD in Epidemiology. His research interests focus on the Epidemiology of Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis.
He is based in the Botnar Research Centre, University of Oxford with additional sessions at the MRC Lifecourse Epidemiology Unit at the University of Southampton.
PA email : email@example.com
Rheumatology - osteoporosis,
osteoarthritis, inflammatory arthritis and soft tissue rheumatism
Gout, fibromyalgia, PMR, temporal arteritis, musculoskeletal injuries or pain, hypermobility syndrome.
Professor Arden has published over 350 academic papers and Edited 7 books in the field of Rheumatology.
- Civilian Consultant Adviser to the Royal Navy 2012 – present
- Royal College of Physicians
- ESCEO Working Group
- Osteoarthritis Guidelines Committee
- Fellow in Rheumatic Diseases at Lady Margaret Hall College, Oxford.
Other posts held
- Professor in Rheumatic Diseases; The Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics
- Professor in Rheumatic Diseases and Consultant Rheumatologist; Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Professor in Rheumatic Diseases; MRC Lifecourse Epidemiology Unit University of Southampton.
- Professor in Rheumatic Diseases and Consultant Rheumatologist Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust
Insurers Professor Nigel Arden works with
Professor Nigel Arden works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Professor Nigel Arden does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Nigel Arden does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Nigel Arden does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.