Professor Channon’s special interests include diagnosis, investigation and treatment of angina and coronary artery disease. He has more than 25 years experience in diagnosis and treatment of wide range of cardiovascular conditions and is an expert in cardiovascular risk assessments for high blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes. He is a specialist in cardiac catheterisation, coronary angiography and coronary intervention with angioplasty and stenting, including complex procedures and patients who may need or have previously undergone cardiac surgery.
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Keith Channon at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Cardiovascular risk profile
- Zio® XT Cardiac Monitor
- Transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)
- DVLA Testing and Driving Risk Profile
- CT calcium scoring (or cardiac calcium scoring)
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
Professor Channon is Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine at the University of Oxford and has an international track record in research related to coronary artery disease, heart attacks and cardiovascular risk prediction. He has published more than 400 papers in leading journals and is supported by major grant funding from the British Heart Foundation and the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR)
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians
- British Cardiac Society (Council Member)
- British Atherosclerosis Society (Chairman)
Other post held
- Consultant Cardiologist, Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust
- Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine University of Oxford
- Field Marshal Earl Alexander Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine
Insurers Professor Keith Channon works with
Professor Keith Channon works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa Global
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Police Mutual
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Professor Keith Channon does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Keith Channon does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Keith Channon does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.