- Specialities Orthopaedics
- Telephone Enquires 02380 258464
- Year of first qualification 1990
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 3475573
Douglas Dunlop is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with a special interest in hip surgery. He was appointed to Southampton University Hospital NHS Trust in 2002. His undergraduate training was at UWCM, Cardiff and he trained in Orthopaedic Surgery in Edinburgh. He has fellowships in hip surgery from; The Princess Elizabeth Orthopaedic Centre, Exeter; The Royal Adelaide Hospital; with two travelling fellowships to North America. He has an additional fellowship in complex knee surgery including ligament reconstruction.
He specializes in primary and revision hip replacement surgery with an interest in knee surgery. His particular interests are:
- Impaction bone grafting in primary and revision surgery
- Complex joint replacement including developmental & traumatic conditions
- Hip replacement with hard bearings (Ceramic and resurfacing for younger patients)
- Hip arthroscopy
He uses a variety of implants, both cemented and uncemented and is experienced in less invasive surgical techniques. He is a Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association and a member of the British Hip Society.
He is an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Southampton and undertakes research on novel materials and stem cells. He is involved in two multicentre trials looking at articulation size and synthetic bone graft. He completed an MD thesis from the University of Edinburgh on bone grafting in hip surgery, based on work in Australia and Edinburgh.
- Wednesday 18:30 - 21:00
- University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal College of Surgeons (Eng)
- Royal College of Surgeons (Ed)
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Hip Society
- British Association of Knee Surgeons
DeclarationProfessor Douglas Dunlop works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Professor Douglas Dunlop does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Douglas Dunlop does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Douglas Dunlop does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.